Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Miscarriage? (graphic details)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm on the pill (diane 35) and have been for 11months with no problems, last month i started feeling almost exactly like i did when i got pregnant with my first little one and did a test (before my pill packet ended), it was negative. So i didnt give it a second thought.

Last Friday i ran a pretty intense (for me) 10k and noticed some light spotting a day later but didn't think much of it until it started getting really heavy. I'd say in the past 24 hours i bled as much as i normally do for a whole period, it was dark, thick and had some noticeable sized clots in. It's stopped now for the most part, some stringy brown streaked discharge is still there and my cervix is low and dialated...not as much as established labour, i'd say somewhere between 1cm and 2cm.

So the question is...is this a miscarriage or is it just my period coming early because ive been training really hard the past week or two?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It might have been or it could just have been a random heavy period but i would say its worth going to your doctor to get it checked out as if it was a miscarriage they will need to check that your womb is now empty so you don't get any secondary infections.

Big Hugs
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm on the pill, although a different one to you, and had that about a month ago... I am still bleeding now, it's not fun :( Defo go to your doctors, sometimes you can bleed on the pill anyway I think due to hormones but like Wyetry said it's worth getting checked :) x