Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hi all, Newbie here.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey there, nice to meet you all. I was searching around for a nice friendly forum when google brought me here. It seems like a good place to be so I signed up. Ive been on a couple of other forums before but havent had much success, hopefully i will get on better here.

A bit about me, I guess. My name is Cara. Im 18, 19 soon, I live in the north of Scotland and I like to hark back to my childhood by watching cartoons etc. Right now Im a bit obsessed about The last airbender (the cartoon, not the film -the film is terrible) hence the username lol.

I just wanted to give a bit of a warning before hand. I suffer from D.I.D - Dissociative Identity Disorder. I think most people might know it better as Mutiple Personality Disorder. So if I say something confusing or which contradicts that which Ive already said then chances are you are talking with another one of us (confusing I know). Unfortunatly I am not the primary personality, that would be Elsie. I have no idea when I will have time 'out' or how long for. So I tend to be a very irregular poster.

Wow, I just read this back and I sound like an absolute nutjob. :D I love being wierd.

*PS. Ive been looking around. How did people get that signiture thing that appears at the bottom of their posts? I looked in the edit profile thingy but couldnt figure out how to do it.

Comments

• Options
    hiya welcome to thesite. you can edit your sig by clicking on user cp in left hand corner then edit signiture. hope u like it here
  • Options
    welcome!
    my bf used to have MPD, but seems to not have it anymore
  • Options
    Thank you for the welcomes. I have to say I was a bit sceptical about her making us a member here, Cara doesn’t have the best track record when it comes to choosing forums. I was banned from the last one she picked, the people on there were constantly being aggressive and saying really nasty things about me, so one of my other alters started picking fights with them. Of course I was the one who got punished for it, instead of the people doing the cyber bullying. I’m sure that won’t happen here though, I had a read through some of the posts and everyone seems very nice.

I can’t believe she gave us that ridiculous username lol I hate that stupid cartoon of hers.

I’m Elsie by the way. It’s very good to be here. Xxx
  • Options
    Welcome. :)
  • Options
    I'm new, too, but I can still welcome other newbies, right? Welcome! :D