Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Netmums/Mumsnet for a dad

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So,

Is there anywhere I can go online which is/is like mumsnet or netmums, but where I wouldn't get my head bitten off for being a man? However not just netdads as I think a lot of things I'd have questions about would likely require a womans perspective.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I used to find babyworld quite good. Theres a few siters who either go or used to go there
    http://www.dadsnet.net/forums/ ? Dunno how useful it would be.
    I used to find babyworld quite good. Theres a few siters who either go or used to go there

:thumb: I used to and still sometimes use babyworld, its mostly mums but i have come across the odd dad there. :)
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    Is there anywhere I can go online which is/is like mumsnet or netmums, but where I wouldn't get my head bitten off for being a man?
    What are you posting that's getting you in trouble? ??? :chin:

I'm a man and certainly I wouldn't be very active in a breast feeding thread, but if you're asking about health concerns, what to do if ..., or adding you comments on how to save money on XXX, it seems you could blend in with crowd.

Women often like to hear from a man and compare that with their husband's opinion of the opinions of the men around them.
    mesmark wrote: »
    What are you posting that's getting you in trouble? ??? :chin:

I'm a man and certainly I wouldn't be very active in a breast feeding thread, but if you're asking about health concerns, what to do if ..., or adding you comments on how to save money on XXX, it seems you could blend in with crowd.

Women often like to hear from a man and compare that with their husband's opinion of the opinions of the men around them.

It seems that on some of the websites even women posting innocent questions can get their heads bitten off as naive.
    i'd suggest that you post on here and ask us first as we don't bite and might be able to help

(ohh and don't get me started on the issue of male breastfeeding!)
    Quote from our office about one of the guys contribution to breast feeding 'you seem to just pick it up and latch it on'

Bless them.

Possibly why engineers shouldn't be allowed to reproduce.