Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

from Japan

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:wave: Hey everybody!

I'm actually not from Japan but just living here. I'm originally from the US. I came over in 1999 to study Japanese. I did that and I'm still here.

I work teaching English here. At nights and in my free time, I mess around with graphics design, a little bit of Flash programming and building websites. I've made sites for printable cards and my newest Flash programming work was a magazine cover templatesprogram. I also dig Halloween and making decorations. Here's a shot of last year's Halloween display for a school Halloween party.

Egyptian theme:
t2010party0003.jpg

Anyone else in Japan? been to Japan?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Welcome! Whereabout in the US are you originally from?

I've never been to Japan, no, but it seems like it could be fun for a visit.
    Japan is one of the countries I'd love to live in you're so lucky lol.
    I'm originally from Oklahoma but moved to Connecticut in high school. I stayed there for college and then came over here.

It's nice here. I live out in the country a bit but we have a bullet-train line that runs right into to Tokyo. So, if we hop on that we can be there in just over an hour.

Everywhere has its good and bad, but it's a nice fit for me.

where are the majority of theSite.org visitors from?
    mesmark wrote: »
    where are the majority of theSite.org visitors from?
    quoting myself and answering my own questions ... the UK, yeah?
    Yep, UK. I'm from the US, myself (originally from California, transplanted in Texas over the summer) and I know of a handful of others, but the site is UK-based.
    California to Texas ... that must have been a bit of culture shock.

I moved from OK to CT and that was my first eye opening experience. I didn't imagine that people would be so different in the same country. Good experience though. It sort of prepared me for others as well as moving to Japan.
    A bit, yeah. xD I'm in Austin, which is basically the SoCal of Texas, so it's not super different here in town at least. You do see more pick-up trucks and less luxury cars, though, and in the past 6-ish months that I've lived here I have only seen three pro-Obama bumper stickers (which is a pleasant change, I must say). Austin is a lot of fun, too. It's the unofficial live music capital of the world, and they're very big on the whole "keep Austin weird" thing so there's quite a variety of people. I think I'd move here again, if I could choose, as much as I miss Cali.
    Hi..
    welcome..........
    Welcome :wave:

I went to Japan for two weeks when I was 15 :) I'm from the UK though.
    I'd love to live in Japan and the US! But Japan more! Seems so cool! I'm a newbie too...so I'm in the same boat. But I was born and bred in London.
    Thanks everyone for the nice welcomes.

Japan is a great fit for me. It has it's good and bad just like any place I've lived. However, over all, I'd rather be here in my current situation. That may change though... you never know.
    welcome
    Welcome, So would you recommend Japan as a good place to holiday?

WHat part of Japan you in?

:thumb:
    Japan?! Nice ~ Heaven of Manga, Animes and Games! Love that~
    I was in NYC last month, I could find so many Jps stuffs there..but there are not much in UK..

I am from Hong kong...just moved to London..Hi every one :)