Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Omg Panicing Like A Bitch!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
omg !!!!!
been eating rice cakes recently - one day its all i ate
just read there full of carbs :O
is this true ??? x

Comments

• Options
    yes they are carbohydrate, but theyre low cal and fat free
  • Options
    omg :( that means there not safe :(
    I need to breathe i have 3 packs left :( i shud stamp on them den bin them :(
    xx
  • Options
    omg :( that means there not safe :(
    I need to breathe i have 3 packs left :( i shud stamp on them den bin them :(
    xx
    Why? Whats the point. They are safe, just stay calm. If you bin them, then that would be a waste. There fat free but do have Carbohydrates which will not affect you *hug*

Take care.
  • Options
    most things will say on the packet in the nutritional information bit how much carbs, fat, protein etc are in a food.

Dunno how you could eat them anyway. Theyre rank
  • Options
    Haha there lush well the salt and vinegar ones im so depressed now :(
    fuked up yet again!!!
    I hate this ed !! i hate me!!!
    Carbs r a no no !! x
  • Options
    what are you allowed to eat?
  • Options
    Theyre not gonna kill you. For the next few days, just eat something thats 'safe' and have say one or two rice cakes a day so you get rid of them without throwing them out and wasting them
  • Options
    I'm sooooo tempted to stamp on the stupid things!!!!
    I have no idea what i find safe anymore!!
    Everything makes me bloated, sick of feel huge!!! and yes even veg!!
    I hate living like this!!! hate it but its how i cope with life xx
  • Options
    doesnt sound like its helping you cope at all tbh.
  • Options
    What makes u say that hunie ? xx
  • Options
    well your reaction to eating a small amount of something most people would consider as slimline is pretty over the top in all honesty.

Everyones got to eat, or youll die.
    Now ive got no problem with people dieting, and i have more personal experience of eating disorders than id really like, so can understand the distress at eating something that you think might be fattening, but really, when youre freaking out because youve eaten a couple of ricecakes, things are going a bit far.

Are you interested in getting over this at some point? Whats your goal?
  • Options
    omg - i AM NOT DIETING !!!
    its an eating disorder i cant help the way i am around food,
    I cant help im mentally fucked in the head!!

I HATE getting anxious over rice cakes but i cant help that :crying:
    I hate how people think just get over it - ive tried so hard!
    This eating disorder is ruling my life do you really think i wanna spend the rest of my life worrying about food, i get guilty for eating vegtables, maybe i am "Over the top" but i can't help that! xx
  • Options
    depressedgal, suzy is trying to help you and she isn't suggesting that it's easy for you.

do you want to get better, or do you want to carry on the way you are? that's not a disrespectful question, but it's important - there's a difference between trying to recover from an eating disorder and trying to live with one.
  • Options
    i wasnt stressing coz she sed about are you interested in recovering some time, only just read that, im on about the fact she sed "im being over the top" no-1 can judge me unless been there sorry
  • Options
    I've been there. And she never said you are being over the top, did she?

If you are so concerned about what you eat, read the labels before you buy.
  • Options
    she said pretty over the top and i A,LWAYS read the labels but ppl keep telling me ill get fat etc i am trying ma hardest to recover else wudnt go to groups
  • Options
    i wasnt stressing coz she sed about are you interested in recovering some time, only just read that, im on about the fact she sed "im being over the top" no-1 can judge me unless been there sorry

suzycreamcheese and myself have both been there.
  • Options

I HATE getting anxious over rice cakes but i cant help that :crying:
    I hate how people think just get over it - ive tried so hard!
    This eating disorder is ruling my life do you really think i wanna spend the rest of my life worrying about food, i get guilty for eating vegtables, maybe i am "Over the top" but i can't help that! xx

Sorry if this seems harsh but I'm saying this in hopes that it will benefit you. The very fact that you are saying you "can't" do it shows that you have the wrong attitude about your problem. I've had doctors tell me that I had problems and that I needed pills but I realized that my problems weren't something that I couldn't correct myself, and neither are yours. If you keep saying you can't do something then you won't do it. Eating disorders are just another mental beast that must be tamed by the owner. I've been in your shoes and it was amazing how big of a change I saw when I told myself that "I CAN make a difference, I CAN beat this".
  • Options
    depressedgal, for what its worth, im 34 and have suffered with bulimia on and off for the last 18 years and never managed to fully overcome it, even with therapy. I KNOW its not easy.
    Freaking out over a few rice cakes IS over the top. Its not a normal reaction. If you were reacting normally and appropriately to food, it wouldnt be an eating disorder would it.
    Im just saying try and calm down. Try not to freak out. Its difficult, but you need to remind yourself that its only a ricecake. You havent killed anyone, you havent hurt anyone. You havent done anything bad. Youve just eaten something. Thats something we all need to do to survive.

im not even trying to tell you to give up your eating disorder if youre not ready to. I do hope that one day you WILL feel ready and that it wont be too late. I know thats probably a scary thought though.
  • Options
    and i A,LWAYS read the labels but ppl keep telling me ill get fat etc

Who?
  • Options
    The thing is i tell myself i can do this then i feel gulity then i break down,
    U say all this about me recovering but i am TRYING my hardest else wudnt be going to eating disorder groups, i try to eat a lot sometimes then feel so gulity i'll cut myself, wack my head, punch the wall, burn myself, pinch myself, many more self harms or ill try and kill myself,

everyday is the same battle but i still get up and go to my eating disorder groups thats where im going tomorrow thats the only thing what gets me out in the morning
  • Options

Who told you you're 'mentally fucked in the head' ? because this sounds a little OTT
    I'm not being insensitive, just think you need to not jump to conclusions
  • Options
    have you tried asking your doctor for aditional help besides the group which you said finishes soon and doesn't seem to be helping as much as you need?

i think you would benefit from aditional help.
  • Options
    I think the ED group is a good start, but sometimes with thse things I think they concentrate too much on the actual eating disorder and just getting you to eat again, rather than sorting out the real issues.
    By that I mean that an eating disorder is usually a symptom of something else, rather than just a problem in its own right.

You can make an anorexic start eating again, but that doesnt mean shes cured. its only when shes sorted out why she doesnt feel like shes worth nourishing, that maybe you start to get somewhere.
    People have told me a million times to stop making myself sick, but it never works. The only time I dont make myself sick is when i dont want to anymore.
    I go through phases, sometimes lasting weeks where i dont do it, because im feeling good. it doesnt mean im cured, cos as soon as i feel shit again, old habits die hard.
    If you stop your eating disorder before you feel ready, its not only a complete waste of time, its purely for the benefit of the people around you, who feel all good about themselves because theyve "helped you", theyve "cured you". Well it hasnt. Youve just made them feel shit about their only coping mechanism for life.
    If you stop doing it, you need another way of coping. You need to start feeling well in yourself, and worthwhile as a person, or it will keep winning.
  • Options
    I think the ED group is a good start, but sometimes with thse things I think they concentrate too much on the actual eating disorder and just getting you to eat again, rather than sorting out the real issues.
    By that I mean that an eating disorder is usually a symptom of something else, rather than just a problem in its own right.

You can make an anorexic start eating again, but that doesnt mean shes cured. its only when shes sorted out why she doesnt feel like shes worth nourishing, that maybe you start to get somewhere.
    People have told me a million times to stop making myself sick, but it never works. The only time I dont make myself sick is when i dont want to anymore.
    I go through phases, sometimes lasting weeks where i dont do it, because im feeling good. it doesnt mean im cured, cos as soon as i feel shit again, old habits die hard.
    If you stop your eating disorder before you feel ready, its not only a complete waste of time, its purely for the benefit of the people around you, who feel all good about themselves because theyve "helped you", theyve "cured you". Well it hasnt. Youve just made them feel shit about their only coping mechanism for life.
    If you stop doing it, you need another way of coping. You need to start feeling well in yourself, and worthwhile as a person, or it will keep winning.[/
    this. you have to deal with the cause of the ED or it won't improve