Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What's your religion?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    katralla, before you attempt your cute little game of imitating me, why don't you first answer the question that you've dodged like wild fire? That or quit being butthurt.
    I'm not imitating you...
    His pastafarianism annoys you, perhaps you should analyse why?
    Then that's something you need to analyze why.

Either you're imitating me or I'm a damn good influence.
    Or, option three. chortle.
    You mean the same option three that your rely on every time you're confounded?

"Let me dodge the question by posting something incoherent and pretending to myself like I pwned him real good, when realistically, I said nothing."

The Golden Hammer strikes again.
    chortle, nope.
    I'll take that as a yes.
    because you like to believe things that aren't true, just because you've decided to?
    Thus far, everything that I've said that apparently "isn't true", I've asked you to refute. To which you formatted your reaction to some one-word comment that probably sounded more clever in your head than it came out.
    You're boring too.
    And you're going to bear children with the collective IQ of a walnut. :)
    Does it do that though? The FSM was originally created to attack the idea of intelligent design in response to attempts to teach it in American science classes. It has since expanded to attack other religious and non-religious ideas (climate change denial, for example), but it is still attacking ideas, not people.
    That might be what it was originally created for but it's not what it is being used for now. On all the forums I've looked at that talk about religion, whenever FSM is brought up the person who posted it is using it as a way to make himself look smarter by making anyone who follows a religion look like an idiot following a fairy tale. You'd get the same response out of me by comparing it to Santa Claus or Fairies. If anyone is going to try and debate religion they should show it some respect while doing so.
    katralla wrote: »
    Well, that's the conclusion you drew for somone being Rastafarian. In the same vein, I could say anyone who purports to be religious is lying, either to themselves, or everyone else. And then I could say that bringing up a stupid (read as any) religion is the quickest way to annoy the hell out of me- as if I want to hear that weirdo-shit.
    Actually that's not in the same vein you're comparing something that has been established for thousands of years, in most cases, and has millions of followers to something else created just to ridicule those beliefs. Try again.
    Again, chortle, and nope.
    Again, chortle, and nope.

Proof?
    That might be what it was originally created for but it's not what it is being used for now. On all the forums I've looked at that talk about religion, whenever FSM is brought up the person who posted it is using it as a way to make himself look smarter by making anyone who follows a religion look like an idiot following a fairy tale. You'd get the same response out of me by comparing it to Santa Claus or Fairies. If anyone is going to try and debate religion they should show it some respect while doing so.

Actually that's not in the same vein you're comparing something that has been established for thousands of years, in most cases, and has millions of followers to something else created just to ridicule those beliefs. Try again.

Are you annoyed that I don't respect religious beliefs? I respect the right to hold them, whilst reserving the right to think they're silly.
    I'm just going to file you under "R" for "retarded" and leave you to your downs syndrome.

Am I supposed to find you calling me Downs insulting? I find you using downs syndrome as an insult pretty disgusting.
    I'm just going to file you under "R" for "retarded" and leave you to your downs syndrome.

That is uncalled for.
    And I find your air-headedness pretty disgusting, so c'est la vie. <3
    Are you annoyed that I don't respect religious beliefs? I respect the right to hold them, whilst reserving the right to think they're silly.

I'm annoyed at the fact that you can't seem to understand the point of a post without someone holding your hand and showing you. Religion makes perfect sense to anyone that's willing to take the time out to understand why someone would want to follow them, or what benefits they get from them. So you can think that they are silly but the truth is you just don't understand them.
    Well, you might find Pastafarianism annoying and silly but by your logic- you ust don't understand it?
    Well, you might find Pastafarianism annoying and silly but by your logic- you ust don't understand it?
    Your comparison is again lacking one major detail...it's not a real religion so you can't use my logic against me. If you're going to try this hard to sound smart why not just throw a lot of big words into your next post? At least then I might think you aren't completely brainless.
    Not a 'real' religion?
    Not a 'real' religion?

You were amusing at first but now your trolling has reached a sad and pathetic level.
    Not a 'real' religion?

"It was originally intended as a satirical protest against the decision by the Kansas State Board of Education to permit the teaching of intelligent design as an alternative to evolution in public schools."
    You were amusing at first but now your trolling has reached a sad and pathetic level.

Your "clan" lot are accusing someone else of trolling, have a look at your "clans" behaviour since you have arrived and tell me a lot of it is not akin to trolling?
    Yes, most people start trolling after 12,000 or so posts
    And, other religions that you find 'real', they were started for more 'real' reasons?
    Pastafarianism was a result of someone trying to prove a point about public policy. Other (let's call them "real" religions) developed, generally, as humans searched for a purpose in life or a way to explain things that could not otherwise be explained.
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    Your "clan" lot are accusing someone else of trolling, have a look at your "clans" behaviour since you have arrived and tell me a lot of it is not akin to trolling?

Actually the only negativity that we have given on this forum was only after someone has approached us in that way. You being a prime example.
    go_away wrote: »
    I know it's just amazing how that magical number turns them so fast.
    go_away wrote: »

Trolls don't have to be newbies. Take a look at the politics thread and the "What's your major?" thread for more evidence on why we're saying that. She's got this focus on, "Are you offended now? How about now? Hm? Hm? WELL ARE YA?!?!" It's kinda silly.