Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Khrushchevs Secret speech and the hungry rising help...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
As I'm writing a coursework essay on Khrushchev and its got to on his domestic reforms NOT his foriegn policy I'm a tad confused as to whether I can use the Hungry Rising in 1956 as an example for a point I'm making

Basically I'm saying that even though the Secret speech said each country could have its "own road to communisn" Khrushchev only intented it to gain support for himself with in the Russian Communist Party, this is shown by the way he handled the Hungarian Rising in the way he completly crushed it blah blah blah

Does anyone think that this would be a good idea/way of proving my point in the essay?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    If you are covering it as part of his de-Stalinisation of the USSR, freeing people from the gulags etc then yes there is a link. It was, after all, this approach that led to the Hungarian uprising.

Be careful how you couch this though because of the possible accusation that you are centring on foreign affairs. Therefore I wouldn't spend too much time discussing it and argue how his approach was to make the point that he still wanted to rule with an iron fist.
  • Options
    yeah, I'm only using it as an example to explain why it was only meant for Russia etc

Thanks, just wanted someone else view on it and my mums being un-helpful as usual