Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What's your religion?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Forgive me if this's been posted before, but I didn't see it. Most forums have these threads stickied or at least on the first or second page with lots of responses. I didn't dig too deep because of that as I figured even if I did find it, grave digging is against the rules.

Anyway, very simple. What's your religion? Feel free to disagree and explain why certain religions are not for you, et cetera.

And go.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm not religious.

What is yours by the way?
    Don't actually follow a religion...
    but have a lot of beliefs alike to those of buddhism. :)

Have a deep .. dislike for christianity, prehaps because my junior school was a C of E school and they tried to enforce the religion upon us?
    that doesnt mean i discriminate against christians by the way... have complete respect for their beliefs.
    Oh, I forgot to say mine. I am a Nazarene. :)
    Oh, I forgot to say mine. I am a Nazarene. :)

What is that?
    It's kind of like a midway point between Judaism and Christianity. The Nazarenes were the very first congregation that accepted Yeshua ben Yosef, but were eradicated by Pauline Catholicism. So, as far as I know, I'm the only living Nazarene. :x
    It's kind of like a midway point between Judaism and Christianity. The Nazarenes were the very first congregation that accepted Yeshua ben Yosef, but were eradicated by Pauline Catholicism. So, as far as I know, I'm the only living Nazarene. :x

Had a quick look on google, dont panic you dont appear to be the only one :)
    There's the Nazarene Church, but they are Pauline and really don't differ all that much from mainstream Christianity. When I first saw it, I got excited too, but they're just another denomination of Christianity.
    So how is it that you come to be of this faith? :)
    Wikipedia it. If its not on wiki, its not a religion Lol.

me, I follow the path of pastafariansim of the church of the FSM
    atheist
    I've been religious for the majority of my life. I've spent sleepless nights researching and putting things together to the best of my ability. One of my next little projects is to make an accurate Hebrew-to-English translation of the Nazarene Bible. And at some point, should the wind take me, I'd like to open my Church.
    Forgive me if this's been posted before, but I didn't see it. Most forums have these threads stickied or at least on the first or second page with lots of responses..
    Really? I've never come across that on British forums before, must be a culture thing
    Could be. The only British forum I've been on was Teen Hut, which had it, but they didn't have it because every single thread in the debate forum was 16 year olds calling Christians the devil.
    Its a pretty godless country :)
    I don't know what I'd call myself anymore... I feel some soul-searching coming on in the future. (May have to talk to you about that one of these days, Chief, you're the resident expert.)

At this point, I do believe in a higher power. There has to be something out there. How I define that something and what it means in relation to the rest of my life is still being determined.
    Okie doke. Let me know what questions you have when you think about it a little more.

And actually, now that I think about it, Talk Fuse was British too and had a thread like that. It wasn't stickied though.
    At this point, I do believe in a higher power. There has to be something out there. How I define that something and what it means in relation to the rest of my life is still being determined.

This.

Im not religious and i dont believe in God but i do believe in fate, some kind of pre set order of events. I dont really know what it is.

I also believe in spirits, ghosts, that kind of thing but i wouldnt call that a religion.
    atheist
    Christian.
    Voodoo.
    Voodoo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec7eV8LEN8M&sns=em

At work so can't listen but should be correct,
    Its a pretty godless country :)

... and we've worked hard to keep it that way.

My religion - Apathy
    But apathy just sounds so... boring.
    Wouldn't a religion of apathy imply that you don't care about anything?
    Thats why I think it sounds boring. xD
    More an apathy about religion.

Religion is fine if it makes people happy but, let's face it, most religious sects spend most of their time with their hands out asking for money.
    Religious organizations, maybe. And ah, I see. I saw that you had the word "apathy" capitalized, so I wasn't sure if you meant it as a religion or about religion.
    Ah, that's better then. I was going to have to make you look at pictures of sad puppies, to force you to care about something, damnit!!

And I'll regurgitate what the Chief said about religious organizations. Some seem to work that way, unfortunately, but religion on is own is a different story.
    That's my business ;)
    Christian
    Christian.

I was in a difficult and dangerous place in life and my local church saved me. so you could say i'm a born again Christian and proud to say it.