Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The EDL makes c**ts of themselves yet again

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Threxy wrote: »
    I am not some Labour lefty, by the way. I have no problems with wanting to strictly control immigration and preserve British culture as much as possible, but the EDL definitely aren't the answer.

What's British culture?
    What's British culture?

You start your day with a fry up and a cup of tea, get on a bus and go to the pub (preferably one with a "pub sign" outside i.e the red lion free house, hopefully there are oak beams inside and an old musty smell with sticky tables) and give ill informed opinions about things like foriegners and global warming.

You may have a game of darts in the "pub" with your "mates"

On the way home you can eat a scotch egg and read the suns article on cricket.
    What's British culture?

Bacon Not Burkhas!!!

It's amazing how, whenever someone says "I'm not a racist but", they're going to say something that belongs on Speak You're Branes.
    You start your day with a fry up and a cup of tea, get on a bus and go to the pub (preferably one with a "pub sign" outside i.e the red lion free house, hopefully there are oak beams inside and an old musty smell with sticky tables) and give ill informed opinions about things like foriegners and global warming.

I very rarely have breakfast. If I do then I'm not hungry at lunchtime, and then if I don't really eat at lunchtime then im starving and stuff myself at tea.
    I mainly eat little fluffy kittens for breakfast.
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    I very rarely have breakfast. If I do then I'm not hungry at lunchtime, and then if I don't really eat at lunchtime then im starving and stuff myself at tea.

No Breakfast... My stomach would be burning... i have to eat every few hours or i feel sick.

Pubs with those conditions can be found all over the world; they're far from an exclusive preserve of the British. The low level racism and general bigotry is found everywhere, too.

Cricket's an interesting one. It's a global sport, so it's not British in that sense. However, our version is saturated with a quintessential English public schoolboy-ness, so perhaps...

I'll tentatively grant you tea. At least tea the way we drink it as I've not found anywhere else in the world that drinks it in the manner we do - not even in India and Sri Lanka where they grow the bloomin' stuff.
    What's British culture?

Spanish culture? French culture? etc What is ANY culture?
    Teagan wrote: »
    Spanish culture? French culture? etc What is ANY culture?

Exactly, here here.

With my post i was being facetious (trying to) as there really is no such thing.

Two people living next door to each other can be completely differant regarding their lives, believes, whatever.

I think you can ask, what are British traditions or French Traditions but a lot of traditions are faded now and perhaps never truly adopted by everyone anyway.
    The british are famed for loving queues.
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    The british are famed for loving queues.

It's not that we love them, it's the fact we're the only people on Earth who seem to be able to queue instinctively.

It was once said that if Communism were tried again in another country, the UK would be a better choice because we know how to queue without complaining and pushing one another.
    Whowhere wrote: »
    It's not that we love them, it's the fact we're the only people on Earth who seem to be able to queue instinctively.

It was once said that if Communism were tried again in another country, the UK would be a better choice because we know how to queue without complaining and pushing one another.
    Unless you're queuing for the portable toilets :P
    Speaking of the English Defence League, it looks like "political prisoner" Richard Price, a senior EDL leader jailed after violence at a protest, is actually a bit of a child sex abuser.

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2011/01/471527.html