Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

users leaving and then coming back with new names

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    to me, it's a bit of a non-entity. i understand this place is a community but if a user wants to change their name without telling anyone then there isn't really much you can do.
    It's not the change name and not telling.

It's the changing name, or coming back, saying I used to be here, but then trying to be elusive and not saying who.
    It's not the change name and not telling.

It's the changing name, or coming back, saying I used to be here, but then trying to be elusive and not saying who.
    :yes:
    Hellfire wrote: »
    However I think it only bothers me when they make a big song n dance about leaving coming back.

I got flamed by a certain person a while back for expressing exactly the same view after they said they were leaving. Maybe they got enough "oh don't go, you're awesome" replies as they're still here...
    ... Can I just add, I know a lot of you probably hate me for leaving coming back etc.
    When I left, I posted a thread as I speak to a lot of people from here outside of here (facebook, text, msn etc.) so I wanted to give them a reason. I did have a very good reason for leaving, as some people will know, which has only just been sorted (hence my return)

I know a lot of people here probably don't like me, and that's fine, I know I can be a bit of a bitch at times... but yeah, sorry if I annoyed ya'll with returning.
    not about you BA
    by saying things like "a certain person" this thread does become bitchy.
    not about you BA

I know, but thought I'd apologize to those I pissed off... I know there were quite a few.
    by saying things like "a certain person" this thread does become bitchy.

i made it pretty clear who i was referring to, by linking to the exact threads which had annoyed me. Im not being underhand.
    Its not bitchy to say that someone has done something that pisses you off is it ffs.
    i made it pretty clear who i was referring to, by linking to the exact threads which had annoyed me. Im not being underhand.
    Its not bitchy to say that someone has done something that pisses you off is it ffs.
    Think she was talking about Thunderstruck. Who, to be fair, probably doesn't care whether it's bitchy or not.
    i wasnt talking about thunderstruck, hes a tosser for different reasons ;)

I already linked to the ones i was specifically talking about on this occasion.
    The Hi, im back, i used to be here before - who were you then? - oh i shouldnt have said i was here before, id rather not say.

WELL FUCK YOU THEN

Also on the jakeo thread, people who werent even on the site when he died, saying how much they miss him
    I know who those people are. kezia is Stephy (I can't even remember her old usernames, but I know she was around). Other one is MrG.
    Aren't they gonna be a bit pissed with you saying that Franki? :L x
    Stephy, no. When she came back she never made it a secret. She makes new usernames all the time, and just doesn't post often enough anymore to make an impact, I guess.

G shouldn't have posted in that thread if he wanted to keep his oh-so-original and not at all obvious username a secret.
    Haha, fair enough :) x
    and miss riot, who is that please, while you're doing revealings?
    I have my suspicions but I don't know that one for certain, I'm afraid ;)
    Well, spill anyway please?
    Non!

....PM me >.>
    It's worth remembering that people have lots of different reasons for going and coming back under the same or under a new name. If they do wish to create a new identity for genuine reasons then that's ok by us.

No more revealings please :no:

Of course it's different if it's a troll, we deal with those on a case by case basis and hope that you guys will PM one of us or report posts if you're suspicious.

As **helen** said, if you have an issue with a specific person, there's no harm in just dropping them a polite PM to let them know you think they should announce who they were before, but ultimately it's up to them.
    I'm actually the fourth incarnation of Monocrat. Like Dr. Who innit.
    I should come back with a new name. I always feel so embarassed to know I'm #2 on the most posted list. Lifeless!

I do agree with the pointless replys from mods as well. I've had it too. Like one time I asked about a specific contraceptive and all the mod replied with was some sort of questionaire about which one to choose... not related at all!
    mine was when i was talking about my anxiety and how it had been really awful since i got pregnant with my last child, and he replied asking me if i could think of anything that had triggered it off.

errr yeah, i just said what triggered it off
    does it annoy you, or is it just me?

It doesn't annoy me as such, but I find it a bit odd. If you want to re-invent yourself, that's fine, I suppose, but to then reference back to prior events / actions that your other nick did, is nonsensical.

So if you are going to do it, at least be consistent with your timelines :d

P.S I don't think this thread in any way "nasty". One should be able to say how the feel without backlash.
    I'vbe just seen this based on your comment in the other thread. I didn't say because I figured it would be abundantly obvious who I was, and, being honest, I forgot to.

I don't think you were nasty in the thread at all. I've changed my nick because my old username was effectively banned when I left, which means I couldn't contact anyone at TheSite to get it unbanned (they've hidden all their emails and you can't use the PM system or vbb email system with a banned account). People who repeatedly come back going on about how they were here before, but they're not going to tell anyone, are asshats.

Either come back incognito or don't, I don't rightly care which you decide, just don't play games about it. More than anything, it just ain't that interesting.
    I changed my user name a few months after joining as I set up my account not realising how useful and how life-saving thesite is. However, at the time I felt my initial user name was to obvious and that someone would trace it to me in real life (kinda absurd, but it was worrying me).

But yeah, I see where you guys are coming from.

(edit: I didn't leave and then come back though, so possibly not completely related to this thread)
    i wish they would at least tell me who they are, im getting so confused! someone is in the photo thread and im rubbish at putting faces to names.

i don't care if they don't tell the rest of you... but i have the right to know :P (joking)
    As to not annoy Suzy, I was my name, I have left and re-registered for the reason posted above :p Now just need to delete about 5k of my old posts.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    my_name wrote: »
    As to not annoy Suzy, I was my name, I have left and re-registered for the reason posted above :p Now just need to delete about 5k of my old posts.
    :(
    I was thinking about PMing you that you shouldn't do it, specifically for that reason.
    my_name wrote: »
    Why do you have to delete 5K of your posts?