Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How many children should other people have?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I dont think its either right or wrong, but i feel sorry for people who get old and have never had a family. Must be a very lonely old age and kind of a waste

I think it's sad when young people loudly and actively proclaim that they don't want any children. I am one of those looking forward to a lonely old age. It wasn't a conscious choice, but I married older men who, for one reason or another, hadn't considered having more children ...

Husband #2 would have reversed his vasectomy for me but, by the time we met, I was kind of going off-the-boil and there was no guarantee of a successful outcome. I was nearly 40 and we agreed that the cost of medical intervention would have outweighed the benefit. Yes, we have a fun and immensely selfish lifestyle, but seeing other (younger) couples bringing children up creatively within limited means, I'm not convinced that there wouldn't have been room for one or two children. Then again, I would probably have been a crap parent ...