Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

liquid on planes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I was also wondering about liquids. What is the problem with taking liquids on a plane and is will there be problems with aftershave?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Dan,

Just made this into a new thread as the one you replied to was quite old. You're likely to get more replies this way.

:thumb:
    you can't take any liquids in your hand luggage that are more than 100ml in volume each. you can take up to 500ml in separate containers. all of these have to be placed in a clear plastic bag to be scanned through security. so you could take a minature aftershave, or decant some into a smaller container, or just put the bottle in your main suitcase.

you can carry as much liquid as you like in your hold baggage and any liquids you buy once you are past security are fine to take on the plane as they have already been checked.
    It's all liquids, gels and creams. As omg suggests, it's the bottle that has a limit of 100ml more than the liquid therein. For example, you can't take a 200ml bottle that's only half full. Airport WH Smiths plus ones in major railway stations normally sell either the travel-sized toiletries or 100ml containers that you can decant stuff into.

All because of these twats:

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2008/04/04/1207249409531.html
    I lost a bottle of Joop aftershave because I took it through airport security. It went straight in their bin.
    It smelt a bit like vomit anyway
    I fucking hate this 'no liquid in the cabin shit' What the fuck am I going to high jack with half a tube of cherry flavour lube :confused:
    When we were coming back from holiday from Saudi Arabia we talk 300ml of water in one big bottol, it was zum zum water, is there a differance?
    We took Saudi arabian airlines.
    The problem is "liquid explosives", the content packaging doesn't determine what is actually inside that bottle. So they simply say no to cut down security times and general security. Sometimes it is a bit ridiculous but that's the way it is now. In my past though I've managed to take bottles of water with me in bags and other things, it's more relaxed because the scanners can kind-of alert with certain liquids.