Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

vaccinations - thailand

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
i am going to thailand in 9 weeks time.

do i need any vaccinations? i've been looking online but every single website i go on gives me different information :grump: some websites say i need them yet others say i don't!!! so yeah, i'm asking people who have actually been!

also, have i left it too late to get my jabs? are they free on the NHS or do you have to pay? thanks :)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They aren't all free on the NHS, you will have to pay for some of them.

The NHS has a website which will give you Department of Health advice on which jabs you should have
  • Options
    Go see your doctor - thats what I did.

The nurse went through with me where I was planning on visiting and gave me the necessary jabs.
  • Options
    I got all of mine for free for Vietnam. The only one you have to pay for is yellow fever, but I didn't need it. It was just an update of the routine stuff.
  • Options
    I got all my shots that I needed free on the NHS. There's some malaria risk around the borders of northern Thailand, so it might be worth having a look at where the risk areas are and where you plan on going.
  • Options
    As Clavin says, your best bet is to make an appointment with your GP asap. They have the most up to date info on what injectioncs you will need and also whether you will need to take Malaria tablets. The situation is always changing so it's not always easy to find definitive info online.

For some injections such as Rabies, it's a course of three injections so best to get it sorted sooner rather than later. Although it depends on what areas of Thailand you're going to and what you're going to be doing, you may not need a Rabies jab.

Some will be free on the NHS and some you may have to pay for :yes:
  • Options
    cheers for the replies.

got an appointment booked for tues (earliest they could give me!!!!!!!! an appointment a week away!!!!)
  • Options
    Make sure you're proctected from Calvinitus. Nasty.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Make sure you're proctected from Calvinitus. Nasty.

Its only a little prick :d
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    Its only a little prick :d

Not from what your mate's bf told me !! :thumb: