Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Can an employer view your work history?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I left out a job on my CV as it was working in the adult entertainment industry a few years ago and extended the date of another job to cover the gap, can an employer view your work history and see where you worked and for how long? The job I applied for seems to do some enhanced checks.

Comments

• Options
    no but they could speak with a previous employer whos date you extended and they could say "they finished 6 months before" etc thus realising you were lying.
  • Options
    i'd be really careful with covering your back if you have to have CRB checks, it depends on how much you think mentioning that job will affect your chances. but if for example they want a full checkable history then you can't have any gaps, and the old employer might not be able to say that you worked there for longer than you really did.
  • Options
    So will a CRB reveal work history as well as any criminal convictions, which is what I thought it just checked.
  • Options
    Quick search on Google days no

http://www.staffvetting.com/crb-faqs.htm
  • Options
    I see there are lots of agencies out there that can verify work history so maybe I will add my old employer but try to word it carefully.
  • Options
    Don't worry too much about it. The CRB check has nothing to do with your employment history (unless you commited a crime against your employer!). You need to be able to provide them with a 10-year(?) history of home addresses with no unexplained gaps, but they don't (as far as I remember) ask you for previous employment details. Agencies have to have your permission to contact previous employers, so would not do so unless you are asking a particular employer for a reference.

Therefore, if you ask the employer whose employment you extended for a reference, the 'fraud' will quickly come to light.