Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Someone using my pics on Facebook pretending I am them...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Not sure where to put this. A few months back, my friend messaged me saying - why is there a profile of you called Sara Lou-x (which isn't my name) on Facebook and all their pics are of you? I was like WHAT. Did some investigating, found this profile and yes true to form - all the pics are of me.. this person is using my pictures and saying that I am her. she has added a lot of people on Facebook who I went to school with and who I know. She isn't nasty on the page, in fact she updates normal stuff like - going to the pub later etc. The thing is, all the people she has added have no idea who she is! apparently she just added them randomly and started being flirty with a lot of guys and asking to meet up and then blowing them off at the last min.

anyway we sent her an email asking who the fuck she was and the profile disappeared. then a few days ago we realised that it was back. my sis sent her an email asking who she was and why she was such a loser to use other people's pics. she still hasn't deleted the profile or pics. I have reported to Facebook but they haven't done anything and I don't know what to do. Please can anyone help because I don't like the thought of people using my pictures (they aren't rude ones or anything) and I also don't like people to think of me as this flirty weirdo who adds random boys because I know the people she has added know me!!!!!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not sure where to put this. A few months back, my friend messaged me saying - why is there a profile of you called Sara Lou-x (which isn't my name) on Facebook and all their pics are of you? I was like WHAT. Did some investigating, found this profile and yes true to form - all the pics are of me.. this person is using my pictures and saying that I am her. she has added a lot of people on Facebook who I went to school with and who I know. She isn't nasty on the page, in fact she updates normal stuff like - going to the pub later etc. The thing is, all the people she has added have no idea who she is! apparently she just added them randomly and started being flirty with a lot of guys and asking to meet up and then blowing them off at the last min.

anyway we sent her an email asking who the fuck she was and the profile disappeared. then a few days ago we realised that it was back. my sis sent her an email asking who she was and why she was such a loser to use other people's pics. she still hasn't deleted the profile or pics. I have reported to Facebook but they haven't done anything and I don't know what to do. Please can anyone help because I don't like the thought of people using my pictures (they aren't rude ones or anything) and I also don't like people to think of me as this flirty weirdo who adds random boys because I know the people she has added know me!!!!!!

Add/msg everyone she's adding/messaging and let them know who the real little_tiny_flower is. The only problem I could forsee is that people really might not be able to to tell who is who and you end up with a situation somewhat akin to the Southpark episode where a second Eric Cartman arrives from an alternate dimension.
    Spliffie wrote: »
    and you end up with a situation somewhat akin to the Southpark episode where a second Eric Cartman arrives from an alternate dimension.

:lol: Oh yea, a common problem :D
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    There's a place on facebook where you can report somebody pretending to be you.
    There's a place on facebook where you can report somebody pretending to be you.

Did that, I have asked loadsa people to report too and so far - nothing has been done :(
    Remember to keep your photos private in future!! x
    It's probably someone you know, no?
    Easier said than done.

Someone could easily make a fake profile of me or you or anyone that's posted on the photo thread. Easily. Someone on your Facebook list could do it, really really easily.
    Okay sorry :/
    No, I see what you're saying, but it's one of those things that could happen no matter how careful you are about who sees photos of you. Unless you post no photos of yourself whatsoever and don't allow anybody else to take photos of you ever, there's always a chance someone could make a fake profile of you *shrug*.

My pics are private, the pics which are being used were not taken by myself. I was tagged in a friend's album and obviously her pics aren't private! :(
    katralla wrote: »
    It's probably someone you know, no?

My bf thinks that. the thing is, I don't see the point if it is someone who I know. Because if it is my friend, I would already be friends with them on Facebook. and if they are an enemy, they would write nasty things about me! :confused:
    Add a 'Copyright' on all of your photos.
    how would that help?
    You could, erm, not use Facebook? I mean, it's not obligatory.
    You could, erm, not use Facebook? I mean, it's not obligatory.

Hush now, we'll have none of that talk.
    MoK wrote: »
    Hush now, we'll have none of that talk.
    :D
    My bf thinks that. the thing is, I don't see the point if it is someone who I know. Because if it is my friend, I would already be friends with them on Facebook. and if they are an enemy, they would write nasty things about me! :confused:

They've probably got a personality disorder...

Enemies are not always in plain sight.