Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Your chosen brand of trainers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I wear Asics

You?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Converse... although I do have a pair of Nike's, didn't buy them myself though.
    always different. I had the whole skater brand phase, DVS, DC, Vans. Now I am usually wearing sneakers of K-Swiss, Marc Eckö, etc. Whatever looks good. I have a pair of skechers, but I find them to be not very comfortable if you wear them for a longer time.
    Adidas.
    i use mizuno for the gym as theyre good for pronation

for leisure I have vans
    asics as well, very good hockey shoes
    Converse with my vans for in the cold/snow. Pretty much the only thing I wear
    Rebok for indoor 5 aside or circuits, nike for outdoors.
    Adidas, always. Seem most comfortable...
    Man... I used to have a trainer collection, back in the day when I was cool. I currently own apair of nike and some baroque style velveteen plimsolls. If I were to rebuild the collection I would start with some green flash, probably in baby blue with velcro tabs for my street style. A puma laceless for my martial arts style. Some babyshams- for thecute factor. And a pair of swarovski adidas cross high-top/mid top trainer style for bling.

Or, do you just mean to train in? Meh? To train in, I wil wear whatever is there and is cheap and available. I will rot shit out of the seams with my sweat, and knock fuck off the toes with whatever exercise I'm doing so, they'll take a battering. The only time I'd look to invest in some 'proper' training trainers is if I were planning on a lot more road running, and that would be to save my knees... see www.kneeguru.co.uk for examples of knee problems.
    Babychams mainly and converse.

I have been wearing sketchers lately, have a better grip for walking in the snow/ice.
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    All star x
    Asics for anything actually involving moving. For anything else.....actually another pair of Asics (Onitsuka Tiger).
    I've never even heard of Asics. Are they what the cool kids are wearing these days?

I'm currently sporting a lovely pair of red Converse-style trainers (are Converse even classed as a trainer?) by George. £6. They're good for about 500m before they make you develop a wonky gait.
    I think my running/gym trainers are Nike. I think. Given that I've only worn them once, they very well could not be :p. I have an old pair of Adidas ones as well that I wore to paint walls in Peru and to do that half-marathon lark and haven't seen the light of day since.

Um, aside from that, if I wear trainers (which is rarely) it'll be my Vans, or my Converse in the summer.
    I'm have no brand loyalty whatsoever.
    I've never even heard of Asics. Are they what the cool kids are wearing these days?

How can you have not heard of Asics? Anyway, not the cool kids, but one of the brands that serious runners tend to pick.
    Just re-read the OP.

Namaste, why don't you take a step up to Hi-Tech? :cool:
    Spliffie wrote: »
    Just re-read the OP.

Namaste, why don't you take a step up to Hi-Tech? :cool:

Haha Hi-Tec are bad boy trainers!
    GoodFella wrote: »
    Haha Hi-Tec are bad boy trainers!

improved my street cred no end, now i'm the coolest cat in town :cool:
    Always used to be K-Swiss, but I bought my first pair of Converse a few months back. They're okay, but they've already ripped. My K-Swiss lasted me like 2 years with the correct care.
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    Always used to be K-Swiss, but I bought my first pair of Converse a few months back. They're okay, but they've already ripped. My K-Swiss lasted me like 2 years with the correct care.

my k-swiss pair is 6 years old now, and still kicking. I haven't worn them for the last 3 or so, however :lol:

Forgot I have a pair of adidas too, but I just fucking love my marc eckö's. they are just too damn sexy.
    I have a cheap pair from Next. My last pair were Addidas - they lasted 3 months. I do have a pair of Nike trainers too.
    I have a wide range of trainers, but my most common brand is Adidas. :)

Violet
    I still have my K-Swiss too. Haven't wore them for about 7 months though. My Converse are only 5ish months old, few weeks ago is when they ripped. I don't think I'll buy another pair in the near future, I'll get more K-Swiss.
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    I still have my K-Swiss too. Haven't wore them for about 7 months though. My Converse are only 5ish months old, few weeks ago is when they ripped. I don't think I'll buy another pair in the near future, I'll get more K-Swiss.
    Clearly you are not looking after your Converse properly.

I used to wear mine day in, day out for about...god...three years? They ended up covered in writing, with neon laces, seriously muddy and the rubber around the edge of the sole was coming apart, but they never RIPPED as such. There were a few scuffs in the fabric and maybe a couple of holes (but come on, THREE YEARS), but they never ripped.