Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

just having a whinge about a colleague...

...because i'm really annoyed and i want to get my thoughts out somewhere. not really expecting any replies or owt.

last night i went to my work's christmas party. it was lots of fun.

however, something that happened is really beginning to bother me. it probably shouldn't but it is. basically, me and my colleagues were all dancing in a group as you do. one of my colleagues was ridiculously smashed. you could tell from his dancing, lol. anyway, the thing that is bothering me is the fact he groped me. i did not want this. i wasn't even dancing near this guy. he just came up behind me though, put his hands on my waist, moved them up and then with both hands, had a good feel of my boobs...IN FRONT OF EVERYONE including the bosses.

i feel really bad about it. i know i probably shouldn't as it was just a grope but you know, i do. i feel a bit dirty and violated. only my boyfriend should touch me and i feel as though this bloke has completed taken the piss out of me. the fact he is quite a bit older than me is making me cringe a bit too. everyone looked a bit shocked but just laughed and carried on dancing.

its annoying me because the bloke is a married man and i'm a taken girl. he had no right to feel me up like that. i did not ask for it, i wasn't even dancing near him. i didn't really talk to him much throughout the night either. it honestly was all a bit random and happened very quickly. i wasn't even wearing anything that revealed anything (not that would mean i was asking for it but you get what i mean). i was wearing a very floaty dress and you couldn't even see my boobs!

so yeah i'm just whinging. i feel quite angry about it. i know i'm probably making a big deal out of nothing but its just upset me. just feel a bit humilated as he did it infront of everyone and i hate the fact he felt me the way he did. he probably won't remember what he did as he was drunk but its no excuse.

eurgh. whinge over.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ...because i'm really annoyed and i want to get my thoughts out somewhere. not really expecting any replies or owt.

last night i went to my work's christmas party. it was lots of fun.

however, something that happened is really beginning to bother me. it probably shouldn't but it is. basically, me and my colleagues were all dancing in a group as you do. one of my colleagues was ridiculously smashed. you could tell from his dancing, lol. anyway, the thing that is bothering me is the fact he groped me. i did not want this. i wasn't even dancing near this guy. he just came up behind me though, put his hands on my waist, moved them up and then with both hands, had a good feel of my boobs...IN FRONT OF EVERYONE including the bosses.

i feel really bad about it. i know i probably shouldn't as it was just a grope but you know, i do. i feel a bit dirty and violated. only my boyfriend should touch me and i feel as though this bloke has completed taken the piss out of me. the fact he is quite a bit older than me is making me cringe a bit too. everyone looked a bit shocked but just laughed and carried on dancing.

its annoying me because the bloke is a married man and i'm a taken girl. he had no right to feel me up like that. i did not ask for it, i wasn't even dancing near him. i didn't really talk to him much throughout the night either. it honestly was all a bit random and happened very quickly. i wasn't even wearing anything that revealed anything (not that would mean i was asking for it but you get what i mean). i was wearing a very floaty dress and you couldn't even see my boobs!

so yeah i'm just whinging. i feel quite angry about it. i know i'm probably making a big deal out of nothing but its just upset me. just feel a bit humilated as he did it infront of everyone and i hate the fact he felt me the way he did. he probably won't remember what he did as he was drunk but its no excuse.

eurgh. whinge over.
    I would be pissed off but let it go as a one time drunken thing. It's not right, no, but unless it happens again there's not much you can do without people saying 'oh, he was drunk...'

Has he done/said anything that's made you uncomfortable before? If not I really would just let it go unless/until he does it again, and then take it to your bosses. Or kick him in the nuts. Either is good.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    I would be pissed off but let it go as a one time drunken thing. It's not right, no, but unless it happens again there's not much you can do without people saying 'oh, he was drunk...'

Has he done/said anything that's made you uncomfortable before? If not I really would just let it go unless/until he does it again, and then take it to your bosses. Or kick him in the nuts. Either is good.

yeah, well i'm going to let it go anyway. i'm not one to really kick up a fuss about things. i'm just moaning on here to get it out of my system before i go work later on as i am quite annoyed about it!

nah, he hasn't done anything to make me feel uncomfortable before. he's a nice guy normally! think he was just really wasted...
  • Options
    Ah yeah, I'd be grumbling to all and sundry if it was me. But then again I grumble about...most things.

I think that's a good attitude to have. If he does it again though, like, them shoes you have to wear - they're pretty heavy, eh...?
  • Options
    Also, you can comfort in the fact that if he did it in front of everyone else then everyone will think he's a drunken prat.
  • Options
    Glad its not just me that gets annoyed with this sort of thing i had the same thing happen , when i was celebrating my wedding anniversary it was my best friends hubbi, and he was all over me and everyone noticed including my hubbi it was just 6 of us and when i said something to my friend she went mental and said he like that with everyone, ummmm ok yeah right never done that b4!!!
    Best to let it go unless he does anything again he had no right and u was not leading him on this is the evils of alcohol i'm afraid. x
  • Options
    flowergirl wrote: »
    Glad its not just me that gets annoyed with this sort of thing i had the same thing happen , when i was celebrating my wedding anniversary it was my best friends hubbi, and he was all over me and everyone noticed including my hubbi it was just 6 of us and when i said something to my friend she went mental and said he like that with everyone, ummmm ok yeah right never done that b4!!!
    Best to let it go unless he does anything again he had no right and u was not leading him on this is the evils of alcohol i'm afraid. x
    Your friend is in denial.

Just sayin'.
  • Options
    can you get your boyfriend to smaCk him one?
  • Options
    nahhh, he aint the violent sort plus i wouldn't want that anyway.

think i'm just going to let it go. feel a bit better now i've whinged about it lol.
  • Options
    id be seriously pissed off, id be tempted to make a complaint to your boss, especially if they saw it too.
    Its definitely not ok to do that, and i think he should get a bollocking by someone
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    id be seriously pissed off, id be tempted to make a complaint to your boss, especially if they saw it too.
    Its definitely not ok to do that, and i think he should get a bollocking by someone
    Agreed. I can't believe people let things like this slide so easily...
  • Options
    To the people who say you should make a complaint etc, if it some random person had done the same thing at a random party, would you still be suggesting that some kind of complaint was made?

As a one off isolated incident outside of work time, how does that suddenly make it significantly worse? If it was harassment, or your boss and made work difficult in the future then possibly, but otherwise it was a drunken prat at a party.

Rant about it and move on.
  • Options
    i'm not going to make a complaint to management. i don't think there is any need for that. like i said above, he's a lovely guy sober so if he remembers/when he is told (which he will be as everyone saw him do it), i'm sure he'll feel bad. i'm hoping i get an apology off him.

i feel much better after ranting about it on here. i was overreacting when i woke up this morning.
  • Options
    Whoop for feeling better - ranting was definitely justified.
  • Options
    To the people who say you should make a complaint etc, if it some random person had done the same thing at a random party, would you still be suggesting that some kind of complaint was made?

no, id have caused a scene at the time. I certainly wouldnt just let either a random bloke, or a colleague or anyone feel up my tits without any comeback, and id certainly say this means hes NOT a lovely bloke
  • Options
    no, id have caused a scene at the time. I certainly wouldnt just let either a random bloke, or a colleague or anyone feel up my tits without any comeback, and id certainly say this means hes NOT a lovely bloke

I'd agree. I have been smashed hundreds of times but have never felt the need to grope anyone.

Have always been a believer that peoples true personality comes out under the influence and they do/say things they don't have the nerve to do sober. He'd probably always wanted to grope you.... :eek:

You have every right to be upset about it....
  • Options
    drunk or not he had no right to do that. yeah it's out of work hours but everyone knows that you're supposed to maintain at least some level of professionalism at work parties. people have been fired for less. blah you have every right to take this further, i would. sounds like a scumbag
  • Options
    I'm surprised nobody else has said this, i think it sounds like a dare. Even so, i wouldn't like it...but at least you can dismiss it in your mind as a one off drunken occurance. My sisters bf did something similar repeatidly, needless to say i told him to fuck off and get out of my house if he couldn't have some respect for me in my own home...AND HE WASNT DRUNK (but thats another story which i may post about).
  • Options
    Perhaps this may sound a little a little daft, but IMHO these incidents need dealing with IMMEDIATLEY or left alone altogether.

What I mean is that if you would have turned around and walloped this colleague I presume nobody from your work would have batted an eyelid. But because you have left it for a while it would appear a little petty if you complained to your superiors now.

Either way you're 100% right that it isn't on. My advice would be that if an incident like this ever happens again you would be better served acting right away rather than dwelling on it. I guarentee if you would have put him in his place there and then you would feel much better about the whole situation.