Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Is there away...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
To go straight to the paragraph you see in the search results when you click on the web page?
My dad claims one of his laptops does it, but I looked through all the options on google chrome and IE and I could find no way.
x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    In word, no.
    I usually do Ctrl F and type a bit in to find what I wanted....
    Ahh okay, thanks purple that's pretty useful :)
    My dad was saying on his laptop, in the bottom right hand corner it comes up with the paragraph from the search engine, and you can click it to go straight to that bit.
    Does he use an extension?
    JavaKrypt wrote: »

I think it must be.

I thought first off it might be something similar to when you have example.html#paragraph1, but I don't think Google uses that mechanism in its search results.
    JavaKrypt wrote: »

I don't know, I was on the phone to him and went "wouldn't it be good if you could blah blah blah" and he was like, you can, one of my laptops does it. But he couldn't be bothered to go and check the settings :rolleyes: x
    I don't know, I was on the phone to him and went "wouldn't it be good if you could blah blah blah" and he was like, you can, one of my laptops does it. But he couldn't be bothered to go and check the settings :rolleyes: x

One of my IE toolbars has recently started doing this. It's most likely the Google Toolbar, as that's the only active one, but could be some other program that's hijacked the browser, I guess. (It doesn't go straight to the paragraph, but pops up a box that you can click to do so.)
    Mist wrote: »
    (It doesn't go straight to the paragraph, but pops up a box that you can click to do so.)

Thats what my dads does I think