Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

are there any emsomniacs here?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi all,

need help sleeping.

i get about 1 to 2 hours per night, and it can actually be pretty strange.

waking up late at night when everyone else is in bed.

i try listening to my soothing music, and as it works.. when it is finishes i wake up again. as if to tell me it's over, i should be awake.

so what are your suggestions people?

Comments

• Options
    put your music on loop?
  • Options
    Hey Avatar of agony,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble sleeping, seems the soothing muic is helping you and as Suzy has said, perhaps just ensure that the music plays for longer. There is also some advice on this page too.

Good sleep hygiene and routine is important if you have trouble getting to and staying alseep. So for example, every night make sure you do not have ANY stimulants a few hours before sleep time (TV, caffeine, nicotine), get into the habit of drinking a hot, milky (caffeine free) drink before bed. Read a soothing book etc. If you go to bed at the same (ish) time every night your body can get used to the routine. You could also try taking some of the over-counter herbal sleeping tablets too, they can sometimes help, but be sure to read the label. Exercise too is good, so maybe get into a routine of taking a half hour walk after you tea, something like that?

Hope some of this helps, take care - :)