Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My body temperature is lower than it should be - anyone else have this?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My normal body temperature is around 35-36c. If my body warms to up what the temperature is meant to be, I become ill. (in the same way others do if it gets too high)

Does anyone else have this? Because of this, I feel the cold more and what to me is warm, is cold to others.

Comments

• Options
    35 is a normal body temperature, you're fine, get some woolly jumpers, gloves, and hats.
  • Options
    The majority of people's temperature is about 35-36...I know whenever I check mine it's always about 36 :) You might just be quite sensitive to changes in temperature. I know I'm one of them annoying people who are always cold :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Aye, my normal temperature pre-baby was around 35.5 degrees (curiously, I am warmer now). Sometimes a consistently low body temp can be associated with things like an underactive thyroid, but most of the time it's just a variant of normal. The normal temp is just an average. Some people will naturally be cooler and some hotter.

It also depends where you're taking your temperature. In your mouth or under the arm will give you a lower reading than in the ear.
  • Options
    I know I'm one of them annoying people who are always cold :rolleyes:

I am too. So, when everyone else is wearing shorts and t-shirt, I've usually got a jumper and trousers on.
  • Options
    How are you measuring your temperature?
  • Options
    How are you measuring your temperature?

It's usually my forehead with a digital thermometer.