Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Favourite film openings and endings

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
One of my favourite endings has to be The Devils Rejects. Even though the killers are sadistic and crazy the film kind of makes up sympathise with them and them meeting a huge blockade of police to Lynrd Skynrd (sp) Free As A Bird is awesome.

Openings? Hmmm, i quite liked Harry Potter 7 with Bill Nighy's eyes close up on the screen as he gives his speech but i think its his performance that makes that.

Thoughts?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    the opening to 'true romance' when alabama speaks in her amazing southern drawl and this music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du0NSnJnoEY&feature=fvw

end sequence.. maybe wes anderon's life aquatica with bill murray looking all cool and happy

:heart: the devil's rejects :) tootie fucking froooootie!
    I cant think of any off hand, i think shit endings are worse than good endings are good if you catch my drift.

Theres nothing worse than a "fade out" into the ether of nothingness, open endings dont end at all!

Theres also the occasional case of the sneaky little "cancel out" like in wolf creek, if everyone just got killed then how did this "true story" get out...
    ending, not sure on my favourite, vistor Q?
    opening, easily Trainspotting :D
    opening - Gattaca
    Opening has to be Pulp Fiction, fantastic... will have to have a think about endings
    Lost in Translation. Can't think why though.

scarlett_butt.jpg
    The best film opening of all time is Way of the Gun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xsaMcw69D8
    I'm going to show my lack of film knowledge and say the end of The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas. If only because I was totally not expecting it and it's the only film to ever make me cry.

Idgaf, I loved that movie.
    OMG I miss JimV :(
    Franki wrote: »
    I'm going to show my lack of film knowledge and say the end of The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas. If only because I was totally not expecting it and it's the only film to ever make me cry.

Idgaf, I loved that movie.

I cried sooo much and I knew what to expect! So sad that film and amazingly a film thats better than the book for once.
    Franki wrote: »
    The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas. If only because I was totally not expecting it and it's the only film to ever make me cry.

Yeah.... we had to watch it in class! So embarrassing, with all us girls bawling our eyes out and the boys just sitting there!! x
    Lost in Translation. Can't think why though.

scarlett_butt.jpg

hahahaha, damn that scarlett johanson and her perfect arse. love that film
    I cried sooo much and I knew what to expect! So sad that film and amazingly a film thats better than the book for once.

I cried lots too. Never expected it to end that way.