Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Voluntary 1st line support work

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi All,

I am currently looking for voluntary work in the evenings around the birmingham area. The type of work I am looking for is computer helpdesk or 1st line support. I have some qualifications from college and I also completing another computer course.
I wanted to complete an apprentceship, but have been told I am too old and to try voluntary work to gain experience and knowledge.

I would be grateful where I could search or who I can approach to get this kind of work for any charity organisations or anything like that.

Thank you
Amir

Comments

• LauraOLauraO Posts: 535 Incredible Poster
    Hi Amir,

Welcome to TheSite :wave:

Volunteering is definitely a great way to gain experience!

Have you taken a look at our other website www.do-it.org.uk which is a database of volunteering opportunities. You can search using your postcode, the type of volunteering you are interested in and by selecting the times you are available, so that you find something to really suits you.

Alternatively you can try timebank.org.uk and if you are aged between 16-25 you can look at vinspired.com.

In addition to this you might find it useful to visit your local Volunteer Centre as they also know of opportunities in your local area and may support you to choose an opportunity and apply for it. To find your nearest Volunteer Centre take a look at our VC Finder on do-it.org.

I hope this helps as a starting point :thumb: Please let us know how you get on and whether you find what you are looking for.

Laura
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Laura,

Many thanks for the information, I am going to visit my nearest volunteering centre on friday and hopefully they can find me something, I have also found out there are adult aprenticeships I can do and I am looking into this aswell.

Once again thanks for your advice it was a great help. ;)

Thanks
    Amir
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Where do you live?