Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

possible BV?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
for the past few months my discharge has been smelling really strong :/ i've had no other symptoms at all, just this. I'm in a position at the moment that i can't visit the doctors so was hoping to get something from the pharmacy. Any advice? thanks!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Any reason why you can't go to a Dr?
    katralla wrote: »
    Any reason why you can't go to a Dr?
    I would suggest a visit to your GP to be on the safe side of things. As Katralla asked is there a reason? Dr have dealed with far worst stuff :) x
    If you don't want to see a GP, a GUM clinic will treat you for BV. You can even register with a fake name etc.
  • katypatatykatypataty Posts: 21 Boards Initiate
    Hi shegottissues :wave:

You're right to share your concerns if you think something might not be quite right.

Just wanted to point you in the direction of a section on TheSite that might be useful. http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/generalhealth/womenshealth/vaginalhealth

Alternatively have a look on the Local Advice finder which will suggest some local alternatives to the Doctor.

Hope this helps :)
    Thanks guys, i'm not in the UK and i don't have enough money at the moment to see the doctor or the GUM clinic (both cost lots of money) Is there a over-the-counter remedy?
    gah- just read that section on thesite- now i'm not sure if it's fishy or yeasty?? fml.
    Well, if it's thrush you can buy over the counter stuff, like Caneston, to get rid of it. Or, you can try a home cure of live yoghurt. If it's BV, I don't think there's anything over the counter you can do...
    mate come on get real nothing over the counter is gonna cure this if its been going on for MONTHS.

whatever money it might cost you, pull it together and get to a doctor. otherwise you risk infertility, cancers, life long damage and ill health.....