Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Astronomy...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is anybody into Astronomy?

I have been thinking about it and doing a little research, ive always been amazed by nature and i love being around Lakes, Mountains, Forest, the Beach etc

When im not around those places, which is 95% of the year when im in the city one thing i love is looking at the sky and connecting with it, its really relaxing and fascinating, i just wish i could see furthur to the Planets and Stars.

From what i gather a Telescope for around 2-4 hundred pounds doesnt let you see much really, to get a good view of whats up there you need to spend thousands on a scope.

Has anybody got any experiance with a low range scope and did you actually think it was worth your while?

Cheers

Tor

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i like astronomy. My dad used to show me Saturn and Jupiter and the moon through his telescope. He had a reflector telescope which was pretty good.
    If you get some binoculars, about 10x50 magnification, they should start you off well in finding things. I have found the Andromeda galaxy through binoculars, it's so pretty.