Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Press charges?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I can't go on my own though, I need a parent.
    I'll ask my mum, but I'm pretty sure she'll say no x
  • Options
    You need an appropriate adult. Anyone could act as your appropriate adult (teacher, parent, another member of your family). It would be normal for it to be your parent or guardian, but nothing that stipulates that it must be your parent or legal guardian.
  • Options
    Well, I've lost all respect for the police yet again.

They can't do anything because she's only 14, and therefore under the age of criminal responsibility.

Sorry, that's plain wrong.

As others have said, the age of responsibility is 10. You have a right to press charges if that is what you want to do. If the officer you're speaking to is refusing then ring the control room, get it recorded and ask to speak with a Sergeant or inspector.

If your mum won't come with you, as long as you have an appropriate adult (which can be a teacher) then it isn't a problem. If this is what you want to do, don't let them fob you off.

Nothing pisses me off more than lazy cops who fob people off because they can't be bothered.
  • Options
    They said I can go to the station on Monday, I might. But she'll be back at school then, and it'll just make it worse :/ x
  • Options
    Hey Broken-Angel,

You've had a really tough time recently but you don't have to cope through this alone.

It's good that you have been to the hospital to get your nose checked out - if you have any more pains then go back to your GP to make sure it is healing OK.

Is there a teacher at school you can talk to about your concerns about this girl? You don't need to be scared alone - talk to someone at school and see how they can help.

Keep us posted about going back to the Police on Monday. You are concerned about taking an appropriate adult with you. Is there any other adult that you could go with to the Police station to report what has happened? If not, then tell the Police this and they should be able to help you by providing an appropriate adult.

If you would like to, you can contact Victim Support who offer confidential support to those who have been effected by crime. Their number is 0845 3030 900.

Their website has a great page on 'reporting crimes' which you might find useful.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if you need any more help :)