Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Lee Harvey Oswald coffin up for sale

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is certainly one of the strangest news articles I've ever read.
A Los Angeles auction house said on Tuesday it would sell the simple pine coffin in which Oswald was buried for almost 20 years.

Bidding will start at $1,000 (£640), but the item is expected to fetch strong interest from museums and collectors of presidential memorabilia when it goes under the hammer on Dec. 16.

"There's just a lot of interest in Kennedy and anything to do with his assassination," said Laura Yntema, auction manager at Santa Monica, California-based Nate D. Sanders.

Read More: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/8173272/Lee-Harvey-Oswald-coffin-up-for-sale.html

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This is certainly one of the strangest news articles I've ever read.

Want it! Would go lovely in the front room:chin: :shocking: :lol:
    TJT6768 wrote: »
    Want it! Would go lovely in the front room:chin: :shocking: :lol:
    :yes: LOL x
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Is he still in it? If not I don't want it.
    Elephant in the room - if he was buried in it for 20 years, where is he now?
    MoK wrote: »
    Elephant in the room - if he was buried in it for 20 years, where is he now?

Clue - read the link ;)
    Reading is for squares. :p
    Reading is for squares. :p

Can't you just find a geek and flush his head down the toilet until he reads it for you...:d
    Ah, those school days... *reminisces*
    Well, I read the link. Nothing odd about it. They just dug him up after 20 years to make sure he was dead. As you do.
    Some people in this country will want to do that annually when Thatcher finally goes.
    Some people in this country will want to do that annually when Thatcher finally goes.

That so much reminds me of my favourite political insult. Charles Haughey the Irish PM had resigned again and one of his arch enemes Conor Cruise O'Brien predicted he'd be back with "I'll only believe he's gone when I see him buried at a crossroads at midnight with a stake through his heart"