Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

standing at a concert

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
what do you do with your coat and stuff?

Im going to see arcade fire tommorow at the 02 and im now thinking standing tickets were a bad idea cos wtf do you do with your stuff when youre there?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Cloakroom ?

Are you going by car ? Is it possible to leave stuff in the boot and just take the essentials ?
    is there a cloakroom there do you think?
    Im going by train and need to wrap up warm obviously
    just checked. they dont have cloakrooms
    just checked, they dont have cloakrooms or lockers
    lol
    I usually just go in jeans and t-shirt to gigs but seen as you can't do that it might be worth trying to find somewhere that has lockers or something nearbym only thing I can think of
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I wrap my coat around my arm and keep it there, if there's no cloakroom.
    for the gig i went to last december I just froze all the way there and back (walked and took the tram) safe in the knowledge it'd be at least body temperature in the venue once you are crammed into peoples armpits! I wouldn't recommended taking a coat that's for sure- it'll be too much hassle.
    Just brave it! It's not fun at the time though
    i cant not take a coat. Its gonna be minus 5
    Last time I went to a concert I was lucky enough to get a spot at the front so we just put our jackets over that security railing that they put up.
    But then that place was probably not even a quarter of the size of the o2 so that will surely be a lot harder for you.

You could take a smallish, but still cosy, jacket if you have one. And then a really big bag, a shoulder bag with a longish strap would probably be best for this, and just put the jacket in the bag.
    I doubt they'll let you take a big bag into the O2...

When I go to gigs I'm normally at the front, so I put stuff over the security rail (like dixierebels said) or I just don't take a coat.

But if you get there early you could always ask a security guard to keep your coat till the end? They normally say "Fine. But if anything happens to it it's not my fault"
    Maybe wear a thick jumper and lightweight jacket/coat. Tie the jumper around your waist and wear the jacket during the show. My last standing gig was in a stadium so wearing a coat was fine.
    it was alright, everyone had coats.
    I just put it by my feet or held it
    Arcade Fire, you are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lucky!!!!!!! I would kill to see them. When I go to concerts I usually hang on to it(i am a smoker) and plus i do not trust the coat check :P