Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ear Tunnel/Stretching

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey all
I wanna get my ears stretched but I'm not entirely sure on how I do it if I'm honest, I know that its in gauges but I don't know which one I start off at!

I'm at a normal size now, the one you start off with when you get it piecred
Could anyone give me some advice on where to start, all the things I've looked at on google have just confused me

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    all you have to do is put a stretch in your ear. You know, one of those coil things.
    images%3Fq%3Dear%2Bstretchers%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D709%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=117&vpy=395&dur=2445&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx=99&ty=155&ei=l1bzTP7qBdKwhAeux_CRBw&oei=l1bzTP7qBdKwhAeux_CRBw&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=30&ved=1t:429,r:23,s:0

Do it when you get out the shower or bath (just put in the coil) as the skin will be softest then, and don't go higher than 3mm to start with. If you want to stretch it bigger, leave it 2 weeks after you first stretch it or the skin can rip. When you go and buy the stretch, get it from a piercing shop and I'm sure they'll explain stuff to you. Some put it in for you as well :) I know my local one does. x
    You don't have to use just swirl ones though, my mates stretched his with a straight one with bands on the end to keep it from slidding out
    I think this bit on BME is pretty good: http://wiki.bmezine.com/index.php/Ear_stretching
    curly_boy wrote: »
    You don't have to use just swirl ones though, my mates stretched his with a straight one with bands on the end to keep it from slidding out

But the swirls look cooler :p
    yeah on girls, on guys they just look werid, no idea if OP is guy or girl though...
    Flesh tunnel stretching requires patience and time, this technique involves a taper or stretcher that will be gently inserted into the ear hole.