Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Audition for the National Youth Theatre

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello :wave:

The National Youth Theatre is now recruiting for next year's company, offering anyone age 14-21 nationwide the chance to follow in the footsteps of Daniel Craig, Matt Smith, Orlando Bloom, Matt Lucas, Catherine Tate, David Walliams, Dame Helen Mirren and many more – all of whom once tread the boards with the NYT :yes:

It's not just stars-in-the-making the NYT is on the lookout for – they’re also on the hunt for behind-the-scenes technical talent. Alongside acting, applications are invited for costume, lighting and sound, scenery and prop making, and stage management courses.

The closing date for applications is 7th January 2011, with auditions and interviews taking place at venues across the country in January and February 2011.

Everyone who applies will be offered the chance to try out, regardless of previous experience. Applications are open to anyone who will be aged 14 to 21 on 1st August 2011. Members of the company who have completed the initial course are eligible to audition each year for productions until they reach the upper age limit.

Here's the link to their website for more info: http://www.nyt.org.uk/

:thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :) Thanks Jo
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When it's the closing date i will just be too old :( 22 years and 8 days to be exact... not that I like acting a huge amount, but it makes me feel old!