Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Selling things online

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is there anyway to make sure I get my money back or at least sell it for as much as possible?

Basically i bought a Nokia 2220 from argos this morning for £30 and i hate it so its up on ebay and amazon.

Anyway to make sure I get my £30 back or as close to it as possible?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Did you buy it online or at a shop ?
    I bought it from argos but the receipt says its exempt from the 30 day guarantee. Plus ive already taken it out the box and used it.. and torn up the receipt
    Oh well that's distance selling regualtions out the window. Well you have no 'right' to get a refund unfortunately. Can't you put a minimum bid on ebay and/or a 'buy it now' thing. (never used ebay myself)

You might get your money back, but then again if Argos are doing them for £30 you'll get a years gaurentee too. So maybe you'll have to sell it for 20-25.

Oh and NEVER rip up receipts :)
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Oh well that's distance selling regualtions out the window. Well you have no 'right' to get a refund unfortunately. Can't you put a minimum bid on ebay and/or a 'buy it now' thing. (never used ebay myself)

You might get your money back, but then again if Argos are doing them for £30 you'll get a years gaurentee too. So maybe you'll have to sell it for 20-25.

Oh and NEVER rip up receipts :)

Aaaaaah ever wish you could rewind time by just a few hours?
    I ripped it up cos it said exempt from 30 day guarantee so i wont be able to use it for a refund anyway.
    Sigh. Its up for £5 starting price and £30 buy it now as ive noticed that items with a high starting price dont get many bids. Im also looking at a few phones i know i like that are cheap atm so fingers crossed i wont need to spend another £30
    Sorry for going on a tangent, but what's up with Argos excluding their 30-day guarantee on items lately? I bought something yesterday from there and it was also exempt.
    The Argos 30 day money back guarantee is over and above your Statutory rights. Therefore, they can offer it on whatever terms they decide.

When purchasing things from shops or online there are numerous Statutroy rights that exist, mainly in the form of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.

Simply "not liking" the product rarley gives you any statutory right for refunds/returns/exchanges.
    Avizandum wrote: »
    The Argos 30 day money back guarantee is over and above your Statutory rights. Therefore, they can offer it on whatever terms they decide.

When purchasing things from shops or online there are numerous Statutroy rights that exist, mainly in the form of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.

Simply "not liking" the product rarley gives you any statutory right for refunds/returns/exchanges.

Yea thats what i thought