Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Australia, anyone been?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Did you visit Ayers Rock?

I wondering if there is any point. Its a bit of an arse to get to, and wondered what other people thought?

How long did you stay there and was it expensive? Where did you stay?

I feel I am going all that way and I should see it, but it seems expensive to visit, time consuming and pretty boring (is it just a rock). Id rather be in the city or at the beach but feel as though I should go visit it.

Anyone?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I wish I have been,
    i went to aus and i didnt go to see it.
    I was going to, but then a friend went before me, came back and told me it wasnt reeeally worth it. They got a few good snaps of the thing, but the nearest town where its situated apparently has veeery little to do and it obviously takes quite a while to get there!!Oh, and apparently there were thousands upon thousands of flies which ruined the experience for them. i guess that depends on when u go there tho, as if its winter it probably wont be that bad.
    however, if u still fancy the experience then go for it!! The rock itself is very impressive and then at least u can say uve been there?!!
    Don't see the appeal of Australia myself. Too much heat and not enough culture for my liking.
    Don't see the appeal of Australia myself. Too much heat and not enough culture for my liking.

Well, it seems we agree on some things.
    Though for the next six weeks or so I wouldn't mind. Ashes and all that.
    hmmn
    I thought Australia had been completely overrated when I visited. And it's an expensive trip to make to be underwhelmed. I found the macho beer-boy culture a bit banal, too. It does have some interesting landscapes and plenty of sky, but if you're after amazing scenery then skip Australia and visit NZ, particularly the south island.