Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I seem to be taking everything i can get my hands on :s

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

I have always been experimental when it comes to things like drink and drugs but i have always been able to keep it under control. Like just drinking moderately and just smoking a bit of weed every couple of weeks but lately as things have gotten worse i seem to be taking anything i can get my hands on.

In a way it worries me but in a way it doesnt. It means i can forget everything for a while and it always seems so tempting. I dont know what is happening because about 3 months ago i would never have even thought about taking the things that i am right now.

I think because i feel so low all the time what could happen to me by taking so many drungs and drinking so much doesnt really seem to matter to me any more.

I think i am relying on them to cope with life

Its kind of like i am giving up :confused:

Comments

• Options
    hey

Since i was 14 ive smoked weed, i started smoking it once every couple of weeks or so and back then i was 100% anti powders due to the fact i went by what i had read in papers and seen on the news. most party drugs like pills, coke, ketamin etc are as safe as prescription drugs,if u take the recomended dose u'll be fine its just when ppl get greedy, their the ones you hear about in the papers n news. now im 23 ive been to college experimened wit other things and grown up a fair bit and i id say ive got a reasonble understandin of most drugs, unless your taking hard drugs e.g. heroine, crack, crstal meph, u aint got a problem. i admit i do smoke weed now on a regular basis daily but i think thats only because i can easly get hold of it and get it cheap. some people may disagree with me and say that ive got poblem, but i dont drink, because i think thats mores dangeous than most illegal drugs, and im saying that from experience. unless u think you have a problem i cant see wot ur doing wrong, ur just experimenting.
  • Options
    Hey Kimmie,

Well there's some top notch people on here who'll give you some good advice on this (waits for budda :) ) but you certainly seem to of realised you may well have a probelm with drugs/alcohol and the reason i.e. you need to 'escape from it all for a while'.

Obviously you don't have to say if you don't want to but what's getting you down in your life that's making you want to take drugs ? Maybe if you can sort out this issue(s) then your need to use drugs to escape will diminish.

I was very much the same myself a few years ago. Taking E just to escape from all the crap for a few hours until it started to become (psychologically) addictive and fucked up the medication i was on for HIV. Then started on alcohol and within a few months was on a litre of vodka a night. So i can certainly understand your reasons for doing this.

The sooner you can sort this out the easier it will be. One of the mods will be along soon to give you some pointers on where to go to get help on this :)
  • Options
    23fromleeds: yeah it sounds to me like you are preety similar to me. I dont see it as toomuch of a problem right now because im not relying on the because i NEED them, just relying on them for diff reasons and i could stop maybe if i dealt with my issues, but i could see it easily becoming a problem in the next couple of months if i dont address it now. I have never taken heroin or Ice or crack but the scary thing is that if i was offered it im not sure i would turn it down right now :eek2:

RubberSkin: Yeah i realise the escaping thing isnt good, I could sort out my issues you are right, but imm not quite sure how. There are many things that seem to be getting me down, my homelife isnt too good and feel like i cant escape and past issues from when i was younger dont seem to get any easier. I guess my problems with sleeping get me down, cant focus so well when i have had a bad nights sleep and havent managed to have a good nights sleep for a long time. Just dont feel life is going the way it should be right now. :confused: I am sorry that u had to go through such a hard time but sounds like it has made u more wise ;)

Thankyou for your replies
  • Options
    It might be worth going to see your GP as a first port of call. You could get a referal to some counselling for your past issues, maybe a short course of sleeping tablets to get you back into a good sleep pattern and some advice on where to get some help on you drug/alcohol use.
  • Options
    Sleeping tablets are definately something that i would want.

Im not so sure that i need help and advice on drugs and alcohol, i think it is more that i need to sort my issues out.

Counselling is definately an option, i think i have to get used to talking to other people for a while 1st though, i think if i went straight into counselling right now i would just clam up and waste the counsellors time. But hopefully something to consider at some point

Thanks
  • Options
    i would print this off, you explain your thoughts very well, and take it to your GP, or wherever you go for help, here in hull we have a place called Mind and another called CDP challenging dependancy, there plenty of others, the local samaritans will be able to point you in the right direction too.. theres help all over the place.. i was naive and didnt think i needed it when i was your age, oh how wrong was i
  • Options
    and if you speak to someone and walk away thinking that was a load of rubbish, try somewhere else, people understand each other differently so one person might not help be suitable for me but may do wonder for you if you know what i mean?