Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dame Vera Lynn

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I've been chosen by school to interview Dam Vera Lynn on Wednesday, for a local radio station. But I honestly don't know what to ask her! I need to come up with 10 (open) questions by Monday.. so far I have one, which is
What was it like being famous for something so positive, during such a negative time?

Any more ideas would be much appreciated!
xx
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    -Have you had other aspirations for your future before you became famouse?
    - What is the worst and best thing about being famouse?
    - Have you always wanted too be famouse sinse you where little?
    - What is your style in clothing choice. like jeans skirts andd all...
    - Doo you enjoy being famouse? x

Hope these help x
  • Options
    Wow, that is a great honour B-A.

I think if it were me, I'd ask her how she thinks Britian has changed since the second world war. I think I would ask her whether she thought that if faced with an similar adversity today, would the country rise to cause as it did all those years ago?

Also, how does it feel to not only to become oldest living artist to have a number one record, but also beat The Beatles in the process?!
  • Options
    Does she think that todays teenagers are different to those in the 1940's
    has she ever seen blue birds over the white cliffs of dover
    what's her favourite cake
  • Options
    Thanks guys :)
    I now have..

1) What was it like being famous for something positive, during a very negative time?

2) Do you think if Britain was faced with a similar adversity today, would the country unite like it did during World war 2? Or do you think people’s attitudes would be different?

3) How does it feel to become the oldest living artist to have a number one record?

4) If you hadn’t become a professional singer, what career would you of liked?

5) Do you feel that teenagers to day differ from those in the 1940’s? And, if so, how?

xx