Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

New organisation needs a name (by Sunday!)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey there :wave:

A new organisation encouraging young people to get into politics needs a name by Sunday (14th Nov) at midnight and they've asked us to help. Can you come up with the answer?

The project is designed to get young people interested in politics, and encourages them to stand for election for their local council.

You can watch a 2min video of the founder pitching the idea here: http://www.lifeacademy.uk.com/entries/view/13bf5e648274446bac2bc6d97bda4f91

So far the shortlist of the top six names are:

Get Elected
Sopbox
It’s My Area
LoGo (as in “Local Government”)
Make A Stand
If I Were in Charge

To help you come up with the best suggestions, here is a short brief about who they are and what they’re planning to do:
"XXX" is looking for the next generation of local councillors. It gives 15-21 year olds a platform to upload, share and discuss the changes they want to see in their communities, and puts them in contact with their councillors to help make that happen. For those who want to take it further, we arrange shadowing schemes that allow young people to see how local government works from the inside, and education outreach projects in schools and youth clubs. The aim is to go beyond token youth politics. By 2014 we want to see a more diverse range of local councillors standing for election that is better placed to make a difference.

They're giving £25 to whoever comes up with the best contribution to helping decide on a name- all posts will be considered for the prize. Feel free to ditch all of these ideas and suggest something entirely different!

Just post your thoughts by replying to this thread :thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Your Voice
    My Voice
    Our Voice
    Youth Voice
    Make a Stand
    Make a Change
    Change It
    Hate It ? Change It !
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru