Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Favourite Winter Recipes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is anyway else excited that the descent from autumn into winter means that you can start bringing out the winter menu? I'm definitely starting to get in that mood, and really enjoying rediscovering all the stews, casseroles, pies, pot roasts and other 'winter warmers' that I really enjoy.

Thought it would be nice to share some wintry inspirations, so I'll try setting the ball rolling. In the past week or so I've cooked beef in beer with suet dumplings and sausage and cider casserole. To me they're both just like a hug in bowl *hug*

Anyone else got any wintry recipes they're glad to welcome back into their repertoire?

Comments

• Options
    Roasted veg.

Any root veg. Potatoes, carrots, parsnips (peeled and dont cut the hard centre bit out), turnips, swede, also squash. Onions, cut into bigish chunks but dont cut the root off, cut through it so it keeps together when cooking.

Put in a plastic bag with some oil, crushed garlic and pepper. Thyme and rosemary go well with the veg too. Squidge it all about and leave for 30 minutes.

Roast for 30-40 minutes at about 200-220c
  • Options
    :hyper: