Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help! with history essay

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hey, Im at uni && have been set the most impossible essay && i really cant do it

the question is 'how did rural society change in western europe between c.1500 and c.1700?
any ideas?? you need to reference it but if you give ideas i can try and find references...

thanks! :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey playdead,

How's it going? I think people might find it hard to offer advice on a very specific topic but we might be able to help with suggestions for feeling more confident about starting your research. Have you been to the library at all?

:)
  • Options
    I'm not a student, but I think if you can't make a start with your essay using the Internet as a resource then maybe you shouldn't be at university.

I would start here, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rural_history#Britain_2
  • Options
    I would start off by explaining what rural society is. When you say "western Europe" - is this any country in particular?
  • Options
    Don't know if you've written your essay yet?
    But I'd say think about the lay out first. Personally, I'd do it like this..
    intro- an overview of western europe
    1st paragraph- what it was like through the 1500's
    2nd- what it was like through the 1600's
    3rd- what it was like through the 1700's
    4th- how things changed and why
    conclusion- overview of the whole essay.

Maybe put things in about religion, equality, and daily life.. you'll be able to find stuff on google, and as Helen said in the Library (especially the Uni library) or if you are really stuck, maybe go to the head of history? :) x