Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Best hot chocolate powder?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Which do you buy for those cold winter nights?

Comments

• Options
    Hmmm... a couple

1 x Tub of Aero Hot Chocolate
    1 x Tub of Mint Hot Chocolate
    2 x Tubs of White Chocolate, Hot Chocolate (two because it is the best)
  • Options
    Not galaxy hot chocolate. I have that atm, and I'm not a fan.
  • Options
    twinings swiss hot chocolate drink. mmm. a bit of a treat at £3 something but its worth it.
  • Options
    Yeah Galaxy hot chocolate is pretty pants. Aero's nice, all smooth n creamy and efinitely don't need extra sugar. I am partial to a cup of traditional cocoa now and again.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I much prefer using chocolate to make my hot choc, rather than powder. I quite like half a big bar, melted and mixed with hot milk. With some of the remaining chocolate grated on top with marshmallows and whipped cream. Calorific. But a yummy treat.

On and I prefer galaxy for this, although leftover easter egg is just as good :yum:
  • Options
    That sounds so bad yet sooo gooood!!
  • Options
    I much prefer using chocolate to make my hot choc, rather than powder. I quite like half a big bar, melted and mixed with hot milk. With some of the remaining chocolate grated on top with marshmallows and whipped cream. Calorific. But a yummy treat.

On and I prefer galaxy for this, although leftover easter egg is just as good :yum:

Phwoar, that doesnt half sound bonerific.
  • Options

sounds yummy! is it not really milky though? i don't like milk, lol!

i like the options hot chocolates! lots of different flavours :yum:
  • Options

you beat me to the punch!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Oh, just to point out, half a big bar normally does 2 cups - i tend to have to share it with t'hubby.

Blah, yes it is milky, but if you do it with powder you should always mix it with hot milk :p
  • Options
    nah, i do it with water :p
  • Options
    tesco value one is actually really good
  • Options
    This.

1260184292_spanish_chocolate_jpg_w300h356_w450_h400.jpg

Meh, dunno why the image doesn't work. Just click it.
  • Options
    Doesn't that give you erections ?
  • Options
    aldi own brand or options white choc, mmmn, options white choc. Sudden craving. Now, should I go on a little trip to 24hr Tesco?
  • Options
    Yeah the Options hot chocolate is really good. I used to always have powder with milk as i never really found powder with water very good until i tried Options! Very nice.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Yeah Galaxy hot chocolate is pretty pants. Aero's nice, all smooth n creamy and efinitely don't need extra sugar. I am partial to a cup of traditional cocoa now and again.

Ive been drinking Galaxy hot chocolate but, I do prefer aero.
  • Options
    I use instant but then still top up with milk, makes a creamier drink.
  • Options
    I actually like Galaxy hot chocolate, the normal one and caramel one. The Galaxy one on here is my favourite but it's very expensive http://www.drinkmars.com/gourmet_hot_chocolate/
    I also like the Aero ones.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I actually like Galaxy hot chocolate, the normal one and caramel one. The Galaxy one on here is my favourite but it's very expensive http://www.drinkmars.com/gourmet_hot_chocolate/
    I also like the Aero ones.

The one with marshmallows is really nice but very sickly.
  • Options
    I make mine with water too. I'm sure it tastes much better with milk, but I never liked it. Maybe I'll try with rice juice one day :p

I like these bad boys, especially the artic white, which is irrevelent to the conversation because they probably don't exist elsewhere. Land o Lakes Cocoa Classics. http://www.landolakes.com/Products/CocoaAndCappuccino/ I've had all the flavors but butterscotch or cinnamon chocolate, but I'm sure it is delicious too.
  • Options
    tesco value one is actually really good

The Sainsbury's economy one is awful, I bought it once and couldn't even drink it.
  • Options
    I bought the Aero one today, i love how its all bubbly and frothy :) Reckon it will be better made with milk not water
  • Options
    I never make hot chocolates with water, always always milk, lolz sometimes does half milk half eater.. bit no, never.

I once drunk a cup that holds 2 pints of milk in one go.. yummy but I think I almowt died.
  • Options
    You're all mad. Instant hot chocolate is :yuck: ! Go the old fashioned cocoa route or melt some good quality chocolate in milk. It's not meant to be healthy :P
  • Options
    Evenstar wrote: »
    You're all mad. Instant hot chocolate is :yuck: ! Go the old fashioned cocoa route or melt some good quality chocolate in milk. It's not meant to be healthy :P

A moment on the lips - A lifetime on the hips :eek:
  • Options
    That's why I don't drink it very often. And why I'm fat :P
  • Options
    the boyfriend bought me something from hotel chocolate that is YUM, OM NOM NOM.
    but i also have the skinny cow stuff, however my boyfriend thinks its tastes horrible and yet i love it, so who knows, i say give it ago, i think its yummy :)
  • Options
    Evenstar wrote: »
    You're all mad. Instant hot chocolate is :yuck: !

I agree