Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Starcraft 2

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Has anyone here played it?

I enjoyed the original game and enjoy strategy games so I'm wondering if I might enjoy this one.

Or are there any better strategy games out there (preferably Mac compatible)? I'm always at least 10 years behind when it comes to gaming.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There's a thread about SC2 somewhere!

I play it lots, and I think it's great. There are loads of different modes and ways to play - missions, challenges, multiplayer. I've played a few of the missions, but mostly do 1v1 online and a bit of 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 for fun.

If you enjoyed SC1 I think you'll like SC2. A lot of the pros are now moving to SC2.

If you want to check out some of the gameplay, there are lots of videos on youtube. The ones by day(9) are very good.
    It is very entertaining. The campaign is long and cool. They introduced some nice mission goals, instead of the "eleminate the zerg in this sector" boredom. Missions where you have to be quick to solve all additional quests instead of just massing up a 200/200 army of fully upgraded marines and medics. You can play it on hard too. At the moment there is just a Terran campaign, but as rumor has it, the other campaigns of the other races will be playable too.

It is easier to play and handle than SC1, as the unit control is more intuitive (you can make groups of units of unlimited size, not just 12 units at a time, you can switch with tab through the different unit types of one group, units make room for passing units, like SCVs who want to construct something or want to move somewhere outside the base, when the entry is clogged with marines).

It's not that expensive, it's just a computergame after all. I guess you will enjoy it and it just offers a LOT (not even going into the battle-net multiplayer).
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    It was easier to play and handle than SC1, as the unit control is more intuitive.
    Think that's what you meant?
    Think that's what you meant?

oh yes, thanks. Was a bit in a hurry this morning :)
    Thanks for the help. :thumb:

I might go ahead and get it then. I'll have too much free time in the next two months anyway. ;)
    Woo yeah! Why will you have free time?

p.s. I'm Mushin 181 on EU if anyone wants to add me!
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    I had the beta, didn't think much of it... Then again I prefer my RTS to be single player. OK for what it is I guess, don't see why it took Blizz so long to put it out though.
    Dr Pirate wrote: »
    I had the beta, didn't think much of it... Then again I prefer my RTS to be single player. OK for what it is I guess, don't see why it took Blizz so long to put it out though.

I agree, I have to say, game play wise it is okay and quite fun but visually.. I was very disappointed, graphics are hideous in my personal opinion.
    Hellfire wrote: »
    I agree, I have to say, game play wise it is okay and quite fun but visually.. I was very disappointed, graphics are hideous in my personal opinion.
    Well they're good enough for me. I'm playing on a 3/4-year old laptop most of the time so it's good they scale down.
    Woo yeah! Why will you have free time?

It looks like I'm becoming unfit to work due to temporary health issues. Means staying at home a lot and there's only so much TV I want to watch...

I don't have high standards when it comes to graphics, phew. ;)