Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

All I ever wanted

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
CHORUS:
Think of me when you out
I'm cold and hurt while the world
treats you kind and fairly
All i wanted was you
All i needed was you
What am i susposed to do now
its a shame i only have my dreams

VERSE1:
I'll try and keep pace
but i'll fall asleep into
a black and white world
where everyone is happy
and life is simple
these dreams escape from my mouth

VERSE 2:
I'll would follow you
till the end and start
just to relive it all
and watch it
with you in my arms falling asleep

MID:
Maybe next time i'll remember to slow down
But now your all i want
But now your all i need
I don't want there to be a next time

VERSE 3:
I'm sat here in the
cold and dark places
hoping you'll find me
and rescue me
So please just listen

OUTRO:
This song is written for you
to let you understand just what you mean
I'll never get this chance again so i'll take it and pray
that its enough to tell you
All i wanted was you, your all i need

The strutcure is: Chorus, V1, C, V2, M, V3, Outro

Hope u guys like what you read

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Wow I enjoy reading that. You must be very talented to be able to write like that.

Xx
    i really like some of your lyrics, do you ever make them into actual songs?
    what a cool peace of writing. :)
    How did you learn to write like that?
    *Alarna* wrote: »
    How did you learn to write like that?

Just something i've developed over time, i've been writing songs since i was like 10, the first few years they were utter shite but i've always listened to music so i have a fairly good understanding of how songs go together but that doesn't mean i don't try diffrent things
    i really like some of your lyrics, do you ever make them into actual songs?

yeah, i do, i'm not amazing at writing guitar parts so i generally record the vocals over a piano part first and then write the guitar parts based on the chords i used on the piano, only a few have actually been completed as my vocalist is in 2 other bands so she is hardly ever able to record with me and i've left college now so she has to book the time for me there :) Lol

I'll try and post the ones that i have up on myspace or youtube soon if i can find the CD i burnt them on to, got them backed up on my external hard drive as well but that involves finding that out of my many hard drives and then finding the music files as theres alot of them and alot of photos on there
    Could you give me a few tips because I'm really bad at writing songs x
    it all depends on what type of songs your writing, listen to the songs in the style, see how the writers have pieced together the lyrics line by line and always have a chorus thats simple (not to simple thought) if your starting out writing songs because it takes a shit tonne of time if you write a complex one which your planning to play something over...
    Some one that i listen to alot when learning how to write songs was Dallas Green, Alexisonfire for heavier songs, and City and Colour for acoustic songs

and always have a rythmn which the words go to, i don't always do this and the finished product is never as good as it would have been with the rythmn
    Leave My Thread Alone You Damn Spammers
    curly_boy wrote: »
    Leave My Thread Alone You Damn Spammers

Whats a spammer and whose a spammer and what do you do when you notice a spammer :-/
    Just hit 'report post' on the top right of the post and an alert is sent to mods who can delete the spam asap.
    Would like the vocals if you feel brave enough :)
    once i've got a few more recorded i'll wack a link up to the youtube etc
    Also going to put the EP on the interweb where everyone can download at whatever price they want, even free
    Jo7 wrote: »
    Just hit 'report post' on the top right of the post and an alert is sent to mods who can delete the spam asap.
    I'm a bit confused hear. Who are you answering to? Curly boy or someone?
    I see it's very Paramore inspired....
    Actually...never mind...these are Paramore lyrics...only with your words put in here and there. :S LAWL I should know I'm a HUGE Paramore Fan<3 Although you shouldn't post this as your own song, you could get sued for it. Copyright issues and stuff.
    Actually...never mind...these are Paramore lyrics...only with your words put in here and there. :S LAWL I should know I'm a HUGE Paramore Fan<3 Although you shouldn't post this as your own song, you could get sued for it. Copyright issues and stuff.

not paramore lyrics, sure i was inspired by them, but I;ve never copied a song outright
    curly_boy wrote: »
    not paramore lyrics, sure i was inspired by them, but I;ve never copied a song outright

Dude, it's a rework of All I Wanted by Paramore.
    sure, it was inspired by paramore but I didn't intentionaly copy it completely
    Still you could get sued for it. I'm just saying before you could get into serious trouble. You should at least say original lyrics by Paramore or something. I'm not dissing you or anything just trying to give you a heads up so you don't get into BIG trouble down the road. :)