Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

(Government and law.)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Their will never be honer or integrity in government as long as lawyers are permitted to participate.

To the lawyer the words ill eagle represent nothing more than a sick bird and outrageaos fees.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I_UNDERSTAND_COMPLETELY.jpg
    Their will never be honer or integrity in government as long as lawyers are permitted to participate.

To the lawyer the words ill eagle represent nothing more than a sick bird and outrageaos fees.

Explain...
    I think we'd definitely benefit from having some element of expertise in government. The person who currently oversees education in this country trained in journalism. The person who runs the health department studied politics. Is it just me who thinks it bizarre that someone can run the defence department one week, then the health department the next? I think politics would benefit from fewer career politicians, and more people who go into politics later on, with a background in a specific area of politics that they would like the contribute to. And I know there's a certain element of someone just being good a managing a team to get a job done, but I can't imagine a big bank hiring a CEO from the retail or mining sector, because they wouldn't have the specific expertise to run the company. This of course could be complete bollocks if someone comes on here with an example of one doing exactly that.
    Experts do run the system and give advice, but democratically elected politicians are the ones who make policy if for no other reason that experts are close to the subject.

At the moment experts can't work out why we're spending on transport and health, rather than the much better housing and regen and no Senior Officer I've ever met has ever thought we spend enough on defence (and come to that if the 'experts' had had their way the NHS would have been strangled at birth, we'd have entered the Vietnam War and India would be achieving independence a couple of years from now)

ETA I don't disagree with their being too many career politicians and that people enter the political system too young. But I don't think ex-Doctors neccessarily make the best Health Ministers and ex-soldiers seldom make effective Secretary of States for Defence
    Does anyone else think that the OP seems to post random and crazy stuff?
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    Does anyone else think that the OP seems to post random and crazy stuff?

Yes. Meantal, twit or probably just been dumped/found missus fucking the postman. I go for option 3.