Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I was jumped advice?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, only new to this thread not sure where this goes I think it goes here. Anyway, yesterday I was jumped with a friend at 11pm by 8 girls, for no reason what so ever just walking to the shop and one girl grabbed my mates hair an I tried to seperate them and they all jumped on me. Anyway she was left fighting with this one girl and men and young lads from a close by pub were all standing watching. Pathetic, then one young boy split it up.
:confused:
Anyway the chip shop phoned the police and they came and the girls ran away. The police took details and said they have city watch cameras but they were facing the opposite way and its pretty hard to press charges when we don't know who they were. Any advice on what we could do? Thanks.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hi sarah4

only thing that comes to mind was if there any wintess that are willing to come foward to identify them?

hope your k*hug*
    The police should have gone looking for them straight away, with you and your friend in the back of the car to point them out.. I hate shits like that, bullies... Make me mad.. My daughter got mugged when she was about 13, they took her first ever mobile phone.. I found out who they were and when I saw them walking down the pavement I swerved toward them in the car like starsky & hutch, jumped out and started shouting like fuck at them, they crumbled like bloody babies... Got the phone back and twenty quid for our young un! They really dint like it when they were frightened.. Hope you're doing ok?
    Yeah I know tbh the police didn't seem bothered at all. They said 'yeah yous seem really nice girls aswel but you could have waited till the morning to go the shop'. An apparently my mate noticed one of the girls video it on her phone so if that gets picked up at least we will have them.
    Yeah fine thanks just bit bruised and 3 teeny scratches on my eye, think we handled ourselves too well tbh haha :)
    Glad you're ok young un.. I really hope they do get picked up, did you tell the useless coppers that one of them was filming it?? God, the little shits make my blood boil..
    Hey Sarah,

Sounds like a horrible ordeal, hope you're ok :( Sorry to hear that the police don't seem to have been all that helpful. You might want to give Victim Support a call on their helpline - it's 0845 30 30 90 and they offer advice to anyone affected by crime, you can chat to them in confidence too and they're really friendly.

As cobra says, finding a witness, perhaps someone from the chip shop to help might be a way forward too. Were you given a contact at the local police station you could speak to maybe?

Make sure you look after yourself too, something like this can be a real shock, and even if you're physically ok, make sure you talk to someone if you're feeling shaken up about it *hug*

I'm going to move your thread in to the Home, Law & Money forum too as it fits a bit better there :)