Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

places for people

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
anyone been offered a house by them?

i have eviction and need to be out by 4th december!
i have an interview on monday with them, does this mean there is a place available? if not how long did it take to get housed after interview?

TIA xx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    lil_krissy wrote: »
    anyone been offered a house by them?

i have eviction and need to be out by 4th december!
    i have an interview on monday with them, does this mean there is a place available? if not how long did it take to get housed after interview?

TIA xx
    sounds most likly that they might be offering you a place as i have been on the waiting list since july and not had a interview
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey lil-krissy,

I've spoken to someone at Places For People and as I suspected, you'd need to get in touch with them directly with more specific details.

As a rule they don't tend to offer a time frame as there are many factors that influence how quickly you'll get a place such as your circumstances and the areas that you may want to move to. If you've applied to a certain project then again the timescales that they work to also vary. Most organisations wont offer a time frame as they can't guarantee that they can meet it.

So, as mentioned at the start, don't be afraid to take your questions to Places for People letting them know you are due to be evicted as they may take this into consideration.

You might also find it helpful to see someone at your local citizens advice bureau if you haven't already.

Good luck and let us know how you get on. :)