Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

urelife photo id cards

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys
have any of you seen this ad....
It's a pre-piad debit card but with photo id- vey handy if you're always getting refused at bars cos you look under 18!!

any opinions?

Miss x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I thought you were spamming the group when I first saw your post but then noticed your post count was more then 1 .. :)

It actually looks really good.

The bit that caught my eey though was this

No hidden costs, commissions or fees – spend exactly what you load!
    every single card I've seen like this has some kind of fee - this is like £12 for the card but it's for 2 years and then £10 every two years? - Seems OK.
    Sounds like a good idea, but I certainly wouldn't accept it as ID, never heard of it before so no idea about the security around it e.t.c.
    wrote:
    The card also displays the PASS (Proof of Age Standards Scheme) hologram which is endorsed by the Home Office, the Association of Chief Police Officers and the Trading Standards Institute. Almost all organisations therefore recognise the card as a legal proof of age/photo-ID card.
    RubberSkin wrote: »

PASS is, in my opinion completely irrelevant. It's a trust system, the only person who's word we have to go on that they're who they say they are, is the person holding the card.

There are no security checks, no confirmation of identity, if retailers want to accept them as ID then fine, I'll keep to driver's licence, real debit cards, passports, birth certificates and anything else that needs more than someone's word when it comes to confirming identity.
    In days of old toget a pass card you could get a school to stamp the application for you, which would involve making your own stamp, or in my school, just handing over a blank form and filling in your DOB after they stamped it.

Why they thought of bringing out a pass card i dont know, is it just an affordable version of ID?
    MrG wrote: »

Why they thought of bringing out a pass card i dont know, is it just an affordable version of ID?

That's basically the idea, although ID that doesn't really prove anything, yet retailers still accept it.
    photo-card1215.png

She looks more scared than happy
    If the bouncer has never heard of your type of ID, you sure as hell are never going to get in. Just get a provisional driving licence, kill two birds with one stone.
This discussion has been closed.