Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Fake ID in the UK

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I am have just turned 17 and was wondering whether it would be a good idea to get a fake ID to get into clubs. My mate used a really bad one and got in so I was wondering if I should get one. Where is the best place to get one?

P.S. I think they would be easy to spot as they say 'Driving Permit' not 'Driving License'
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    its honestly not worth it
    Their illegal and you can get fined heavily and a criminal record (I think)
    just wait till your 18 to go clubing, have mates over and get drunk but going out clubbing ain't all its cracked up to be tbh
  • LauraOLauraO Posts: 535 Incredible Poster
    Hi LUni12 and welcome to the boards :wave:

Here is some information about ID and fake ID that you might find useful. As curly_boy just said it is illegal to use fake I.D and at worst you could be arrested if caught. Bouncers and other staff are clamping down on this, and many are trained to spot fake ID.

I am sure other users on here will give you some advice and some first-hand examples, but it's worth thinking about whether you want to risk it for a few drinks.

Laura
    i dont think fake id ever works to be honest. the best thing to do if you can is borrow somebodys ID who is 18 and looks remotely like you, although people sometimes look reeeally different on their ID pictures, specially driving liceenses/provisionals cos the picture is quite small. i used to borrow my sisters and i always got in nobody ever questioned it.
    i dont think fake id ever works to be honest. the best thing to do if you can is borrow somebodys ID who is 18 and looks remotely like you, although people sometimes look reeeally different on their ID pictures, specially driving liceenses/provisionals cos the picture is quite small. i used to borrow my sisters and i always got in nobody ever questioned it.

The bouncers round here are really strict. My friend has to show his student ID as well because they didn't believe he was the person in his driving license pic!
    the best thing to do if you can is borrow somebodys ID who is 18 and looks remotely like you.

I dont want to tell you not to do somethin. But... em yeah, dont do it. Seriously, while its great if it works, if you get caught it wont just be you getting in to trouble, but the other person too. I once gave my Id to a mate so she could go to her sisters 21st. She didnt get away with it and got stopped by the bouncers, I was really lucky that they didnt take it off her. If they had we both would have had criminal records and because Im older I would have been seen as being responsible and would have got in more trouble than her.

There was always a couple of clubs where I live that were quite lax in who they let in. As long as you looked old enough they didnt question you and theres not that much difference between looking 17 and 18. It shouldnt be hard to figure out if theres anywhere in your city thats easy for underagers to get in to, and try there.
    Is it really that hard waiting? I can't see the rush... yeah i want to go clubbing... but i've got that all to come in a year? Seriously, i'd rather go to a club when im 18 knowing:
    1. I'm 18
    2. I'm going to get in
    3. I won't get stopped
    4. And i won't get into trouble...
    Which means you can really enjoy the night, instead of having to worry about things. Plus if you get caught with fake ID, say hello to working in ASDA all your life (no offence to workers there), not many places would take you on with fraud on your criminal record as employers don't like people who aren't honest.
    Its not worth it, once you're 18 you'll be bored of clubbing within 5 minutes anyway