Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Wondering if anyone else feels this emotion..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Basically I wrote a topic about my ex going back with her ex...

Well it's emerged shes now seeing someone else :banghead:

What really gets me though is the feeling of utter disgust to the point where I feel physically sick to imagine her having sex with him etc..

I'm normally quite in touch with my emotions but it's quite poweful and It makes me want to resort to violence (I wont). Not sure if it's me being insecure, jealous or what not but I can understand and relate now why people horrible things.

Anyone felt anything similar ?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This exact thing never happened to me, but it was similar.

Yes, my emotional response was very heavy. I like to think I have put that past myself, but it has yet to happen again and I can see how it feels totally devaluating when she goes back to something which failed in the past, because apparently you are even worse. It doesn't have to be that, of course. It's not always wise to look for the mistake in yourself.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm really sorry to hear that you're having a tough time Pokerstar.

Breaking up is never easy for anyone, but it's important for all of us to remember that we can all have different experiences. It sounds like you and your ex are having differing experiences yourself. It can be tough to accept, but some people are just able to move on from a relationship more quickly than others, and this obviously isn't something you're finding easy to deal with.

You might like to read our fact sheets about Getting Over a Break Up and Enjoying Being Single. They're full of tips and suggestions of ways to make the period after a relationship ends that bit less difficult.

If you're still find yourself feeling violent you could also check out the article on Dealing with Anger for some advice on how to deal with your feelings in the short term.

It's really good that you're feeling able to share your emotions though. Particularly as, as you admit yourself, you're feeling some pretty powerful emotions, it can be really healthy to have a vent for them rather than just letting yourself get consumed by them.

I hope that things are better soon. Do let us know how you're getting on and remember that we're always here when you need us.

Will.