Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

struggling to walk

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have a curved spine which is very painful everday and is now causing problems with my hips, i am getting pain in my right hip everyday, i do go out often as hate being stuck indoors but now finding it hard to walk and more painful as hip is getting stiff

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Morning Sinead, hope you're ok? I really do understand what it's like to suffer from pain, I have been in pain with chronic Osteo-Arthritis for that past 11 yrs approx. And in March was diagnosed with Rhuematoid Arthritis too.. It's no fun eh?? I also try and be as mobile as possible but recently have had days on end where I have literally been stuck in.. I have just joined an arthitis forum, it's pretty good, lots of advice on there from people in the same position as me.. Maybe there is something similar dedicated to your disease?? Don't get me wrong, not trying to get rid of you, lol... Be well.
    Have you been to see your GP about this? Keeping active is very important but I accept very difficult when in pain/stiff. What about swimming? It takes the weight off and allows you exercise much better.

Of course seeing your GP before any new exercise regimen is a good place to start...he might even be able to refer you for physiotherapy and ultimately hydroptherapy if they deem that appropriate.

Take care!
    Panthro wrote: »
    Have you been to see your GP about this? Keeping active is very important but I accept very difficult when in pain/stiff. What about swimming? It takes the weight off and allows you exercise much better.

I was diagnosed with a neck muscle problem in September called Torticollis. I've been swimming for the last week and find swimming really helps - I'm off my feet and not having to sit up - sitting up can be very painful.
    Panthro wrote: »

Of course seeing your GP before any new exercise regimen is a good place to start...he might even be able to refer you for physiotherapy and ultimately hydroptherapy if they deem that appropriate.

Take care!

thanks for the advice but my doctor already knows about it and already have physio but is not working, and cant do the swimming because of weak bladder
    Have they tried accupuncture, it doesn't work for everyone but worth a go..
    How are you doing now by the way?
    TJT6768 wrote: »
    Have they tried accupuncture, it doesn't work for everyone but worth a go..
    How are you doing now by the way?

still painful and hip still stiff and finding it hard to work, the pain never eases, have it everyday and no accupunture, cant afford it and hate needles
    sinead1992 wrote: »
    still painful and hip still stiff and finding it hard to work, the pain never eases, have it everyday and no accupunture, cant afford it and hate needles

awww

i'm sorry to hear you're in so much pain

*hug*

here if you ever want to talk about it
    thanks for the advice but my doctor already knows about it and already have physio but is not working, and cant do the swimming because of weak bladder

You can buy swimwear for incontinence / weak bladder.
    Melian wrote: »
    You can buy swimwear for incontinence / weak bladder.

yes but too expensive for me as have no extra money

I probably shouldn't have done but I assumed you were in the UK?
    TJT6768 wrote: »
    I probably shouldn't have done but I assumed you were in the UK?

i am in the uk