Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Off sick

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, I'm home alone and very very bored as I'm home from work ill. Yesterday was first day off from my new job, and went back in today but came back two hours later as definitely only reached that point where you feel ok ish at home on the sofa but not when you try and do anything.

So I'm now bored, what do you do when you're home and ill? Very tempted to get the work laptop out and do a bit of work at a slow pace, but have a feeling boss would be unimpressed with that plan.

Comments

• Options
    So, I'm home alone and very very bored as I'm home from work ill. Yesterday was first day off from my new job, and went back in today but came back two hours later as definitely only reached that point where you feel ok ish at home on the sofa but not when you try and do anything.

So I'm now bored, what do you do when you're home and ill? Very tempted to get the work laptop out and do a bit of work at a slow pace, but have a feeling boss would be unimpressed with that plan.

Bust out a massive mix and then have a snooze?
  • Options
    If you are ok with staring at a screen there is nothing wrong with using your motivation and do some work from home. I on the otherhand would do things I normally never have time for. Like rearranging the stuff in the cupboards, go through the bathroom and throw stuff out I don't need anymore. Clean, tighten all the screws of whatever. Make a list of what lightbulbs are burnt out to replace them asap. Just a few examples.

Failing that, play SNES emulator on the computer and wallow in teenage gaming nostalgia.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    If you are ok with staring at a screen there is nothing wrong with using your motivation and do some work from home. I on the otherhand would do things I normally never have time for. Like rearranging the stuff in the cupboards, go through the bathroom and throw stuff out I don't need anymore. Clean, tighten all the screws of whatever. Make a list of what lightbulbs are burnt out to replace them asap. Just a few examples.

Failing that, play SNES emulator on the computer and wallow in teenage gaming nostalgia.

Yeah the second option sounds like more fun. Work + ill = bad. Ill + games = fun :D