Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

SIA badging.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've wanted to get into the security industry for a while.
So I did the "training" all 2 days worth lol to get my DS licence so i could start off and work my way up.

I now have a job with a company called Showsec working at the Manchester Evening News Arena and Man City stadium where I basically have to search people coming in and then walk around each of the toilets and eject anyone I find smoking and file an incident report.
It's great work and I enjoy it.

But I'm getting a bit worried that soon the qualification will mean nothing.
I wanted to do the CP course eventually but what will be the point with the SIA having just fallen under the axe?

Is the badging going to be passed on to another body to control? Surely at £245 a pop every 3 years per person they would lose too much money for them to let this go?

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    FizFiz Deactivated Posts: 44 Boards Initiate
    Hi there, I'm not sure if I can be much help with this. But surely your employers will know whether the qualification you've got will still be valid? If you'd rather not ask at this point, why not try to talk to your work mates about it who may be in a similar position. The only other thing I could suggest is taking a look at your contract to see what it states in there. I hope it works out for you, and you can continue to do the job you want to do. Good luck.