Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

volunteer at 2012

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have applied to volunteer at the 2012 oylimpics and i hope i get to do it as would be great and once in a lifetime thing, i am currently looking to volunteer so it will help me get back into work, as still struggle with my health and dont want to push myself too much, am thinking about helping out in my local disabilty center or connexions

Comments

• Options
    LauraOLauraO Posts: 535 Incredible Poster
    Hi Sinead1992,

This sounds like a fab idea :thumb: volunteering can definitely be a great stepping stone to help you get back into work.

Have you spoken to Connexions or your local Centre yet to find out how you can help? Hopefully they will have an opportunity that is right for you. Remember that you can tell them what you want from the experience too, so if you don't want to push yourself maybe you should start by just doing a couple of hours a week and see if you enjoy it?

Good luck with your application to be a 2012 volunteer too, it's an amazing opportunity!

Laura
  • Options
    LauraO wrote: »
    Hi Sinead1992,

This sounds like a fab idea :thumb: volunteering can definitely be a great stepping stone to help you get back into work.

Have you spoken to Connexions or your local Centre yet to find out how you can help? Hopefully they will have an opportunity that is right for you. Remember that you can tell them what you want from the experience too, so if you don't want to push yourself maybe you should start by just doing a couple of hours a week and see if you enjoy it?

Good luck with your application to be a 2012 volunteer too, it's an amazing opportunity!

Laura

thanks laura, well I have applied for some volunteering roles, one is with CAB where i will also have the oppuntuity to do a course, I am also wanting to help out at some stables or my local animal chairty, the only problem is getting there.

I worked out that after getting lots of help i am wanting a career of working with young people, and asked my adivosr and connexions if i would be able to get some work experaince there but got no response
  • Options
    sinead1992 wrote: »
    i have applied to volunteer at the 2012 oylimpics

I'm applying for their Young Game Makers [Volunteering for Under-18s] they're launching in the summer :D
  • Options
    LauraOLauraO Posts: 535 Incredible Poster
    bleepy wrote: »
    I'm applying for their Young Game Makers

:thumb: Good on ya Bleepy and good luck with the application. It's going to be a really exciting time to be a volunteer!
  • Options
    I've applied to grease up all the body builders/muscle guys. It's £40 a week, not much but it's all i can afford :D