Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Talk To The Newbie??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, im moving to UK , West London just before X-mas , Ive been to London in holidays and it is my 1st time to experience living in the UK.

My husband got offered a good job in London , we live in Pafos Cyprus, so im leaving all my friends behind, my home and my lovely job, it isnt easy !
i will be starting a new social life ! new friends, i will have to get to know the place as someone who live there , i will have to look for a job and basically fit in !

Ive been told i have to pass a test called living in the UK ! im not worried about that as ive been living among Brits for the last 6 years of my life :)
im 23 years old and i love my Sunday roast Lol

Other than the weather im looking forward to it, start a new life, making new friends and making it fun!

Do you have any advices for me !

Im spending Xmas with my in-laws but i havent got any plans for New Years !!

So where is the parties !!! my mate Danni gonna be with me and we dont know where to go.?

C`mon go head and welcome me :confused: :thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hello.... welcome....
    Welcome to the boards - and to the UK! :wave:

Hope everything is going well with the move - and congrats to your husband on his job!

Time Out is good for letting you know what is going on in London - they usually do a New Years eve special closer to the time. There's always loads of fireworks on the river as well which is pretty spectacular.

:)
    Hey, welcome to the boards. You seem pretty chatty so you'll be at home on these boards :)
    helloooo! :) London seems like the perfect place to move to. I'm sure you'll have fun. Have fun sightseeing!
    Fostress wrote: »
    Welcome to the boards - and to the UK! :wave:

Hope everything is going well with the move - and congrats to your husband on his job!

Time Out is good for letting you know what is going on in London - they usually do a New Years eve special closer to the time. There's always loads of fireworks on the river as well which is pretty spectacular.

:)

shouldnt this be on the introduce yourself board?
    Thanks everyone ! i know London is the place to move to ! i cant wait to go sightseeing and who knows i might see famous people haha i bet they go to London right !! there is too many things i cant do it in Cyprus as it is a small island, like going to movie premiers , be a member of a book club ,join photography group and going around trying my new London accent haha

soon ill be saying arite geez and get outa er !! i watch too much eastenders so im hoping real life in London is less sad than eastenders !!
    Evenstar wrote: »

Take it easy mate, just give me sometime to get my head around the board and all my coming threads would be in the right place :wave:
    Emma Ruby wrote: »
    Take it easy mate, just give me sometime to get my head around the board and all my coming threads would be in the right place :wave:

I don't think she meant it in a nasty way :)
    Evenstar wrote: »

You're right - moved across now :thumb:

Emma Ruby - I've moved your thread for you so it's in the introduce yourself section :)
    Fostress wrote: »
    You're right - moved across now :thumb:

Emma Ruby - I've moved your thread for you so it's in the introduce yourself section :)

Thank you *hug*
    Hiya welcome and goodluck with your new move to london u need to get hat scarves and gloves lol its cold!!!!! x
    flowergirl wrote: »
    Hiya welcome and goodluck with your new move to london u need to get hat scarves and gloves lol its cold!!!!! x

good advice flowergirl :thumb: i dont know how im going to survive the weather i think ill need some time getting used of it... im so excited :razz: i never seen snow in my whole life , i might be lucky and it snows Xmas time xx
    Where in West London are you moving to? My boyfriend used to live in Shepards Bush so I know that part of town quite well. And my step-sisters live in Ealing which is also West London. I live in North London, I have done for 7 years since I moved to London for university and have stayed around after I graduated. I like London. I also like Paphos, my mum and step dad have a place near Kouklia so I go there on holidays sometimes.

Welcome to thesite :yippe:
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    Where in West London are you moving to? My boyfriend used to live in Shepards Bush so I know that part of town quite well. And my step-sisters live in Ealing which is also West London. I live in North London, I have done for 7 years since I moved to London for university and have stayed around after I graduated. I like London. I also like Paphos, my mum and step dad have a place near Kouklia so I go there on holidays sometimes.

Welcome to thesite :yippe:

i live in Konia 5 minutes driving from Kouklia :yum: , we are moving to Bromley , i dont know the area to be honest!! but i have been told it is so close to Kent or it is in Kent i guess i will know exactly when i move in !!

Still , it is in London :d :d :d ooh Randomgirl i have a random question for you !!

what is the chances to see Robert Pattison out and about in London ??

London's a big place. I wouldn't hold your breath.
    grace wrote: »
    London's a big place. I wouldn't hold your breath.

Yeah. Trust me I tried to find him in London. Alas the bullet with his name on it remains,in my possession.... :( I will get him.
    Hellfire wrote: »
    Yeah. Trust me I tried to find him in London. Alas the bullet with his name on it remains,in my possession.... :( I will get him.

:mad: :mad: Robert Pattison is mine :mad: :mad:

Lol i had a dream about him a month ago, he told me he loves me even tho i burned his sofa and he ran between the cars to kiss me !:heart::heart: :flirt: :heart::heart:

it felt so real hahaha!
    i guess people like Robert Pattison can be seen in fancy restaurants and high class clubs, i wont be going to them but i wouldnt mind standing next to the door !!
    Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy London!
    :yippe: :yippe:
    i live in Konia 5 minutes driving from Kouklia :yum: , we are moving to Bromley , i dont know the area to be honest!! but i have been told it is so close to Kent or it is in Kent i guess i will know exactly when i move in !!

Still , it is in London :d :d :d ooh Randomgirl i have a random question for you !!

My step brother and his wife moved to Bromley earlier this year, they are loving it. It's a bit out of town but has good transport to get in to the centre when you need to go there.

I don't know who Robert Pattison is!
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    My step brother and his wife moved to Bromley earlier this year, they are loving it. It's a bit out of town but has good transport to get in to the centre when you need to go there.

I don't know who Robert Pattison is!

He's that vampire guy from Twilight.
    :mad: :mad: Robert Pattison is mine :mad: :mad:

I think he was on about putting Robert out of his misery ;)
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    I think he was on about putting Robert out of his misery ;)

It's for the good of man-kind.
    Crayo wrote: »
    It's for the good of man-kind.

Yea rite , jealousy :yippe: :yippe:
    Yea rite , jealousy :yippe: :yippe:

It is.... I would "dispose" of him in a heartbeat.
    Hellfire wrote: »
    It is.... I would "dispose" of him in a heartbeat.

Hellfire dont you say that, this is kinda mean :crying: !!

you just dont get it, as all male species dont get it.

:love::love:
    uhuh... we dont ;)
    newbi here :)
    omnetworks wrote: »
    newbi here :)
    yep :wave: :wave: Good morning
    Bromley =/= London. It's about 20 minutes from Victoria or London Bridge on the overland.

To repeat what the good Doctor has so sagely said many times, Robert Twattinson looks like a foot.
    Bromley =/= London. It's about 20 minutes from Victoria or London Bridge on the overland.

To repeat what the good Doctor has so sagely said many times, Robert Twattinson looks like a foot.

:eek: said who again...